What is involved in Information security awareness
Find out what the related areas are that Information security awareness connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Information security awareness thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Information security awareness journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Information security awareness leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Information security awareness related domains to cover and 103 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Information security awareness, Chief information officer, Computer literacy, Computer security, Digital literacy, Information, Information security, Internet, National Cyber Security Awareness Month, Phishing, President Obama’s 2015, Security awareness, Situation awareness, Social engineering, United States Department of Homeland Security, Wall Street Journal, White House Summit on Cybersecurity and Consumer Protection:
Information security awareness Critical Criteria:
Coach on Information security awareness management and separate what are the business goals Information security awareness is aiming to achieve.
– Does Information security awareness include applications and information with regulatory compliance significance (or other contractual conditions that must be formally complied with) in a new or unique manner for which no approved security requirements, templates or design models exist?
– A compounding model resolution with available relevant data can often provide insight towards a solution methodology; which Information security awareness models, tools and techniques are necessary?
– Is there an up-to-date information security awareness and training program in place for all system users?
– What is our formula for success in Information security awareness ?
Chief information officer Critical Criteria:
Canvass Chief information officer management and change contexts.
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a Information security awareness process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the Information security awareness process available?
– Are assumptions made in Information security awareness stated explicitly?
– Which Information security awareness goals are the most important?
Computer literacy Critical Criteria:
Cut a stake in Computer literacy outcomes and point out improvements in Computer literacy.
– How do we Improve Information security awareness service perception, and satisfaction?
– What are the Key enablers to make this Information security awareness move?
– Is Information security awareness Required?
Computer security Critical Criteria:
Sort Computer security tasks and find answers.
– Think about the people you identified for your Information security awareness project and the project responsibilities you would assign to them. what kind of training do you think they would need to perform these responsibilities effectively?
– Does your company provide end-user training to all employees on Cybersecurity, either as part of general staff training or specifically on the topic of computer security and company policy?
– Will the selection of a particular product limit the future choices of other computer security or operational modifications and improvements?
– How can we incorporate support to ensure safe and effective use of Information security awareness into the services that we provide?
– What are the Essentials of Internal Information security awareness Management?
Digital literacy Critical Criteria:
Administer Digital literacy engagements and raise human resource and employment practices for Digital literacy.
– In a project to restructure Information security awareness outcomes, which stakeholders would you involve?
– Does Information security awareness analysis isolate the fundamental causes of problems?
– How can you measure Information security awareness in a systematic way?
Information Critical Criteria:
Survey Information visions and report on developing an effective Information strategy.
– On what terms should a manager of information systems evolution and maintenance provide service and support to the customers of information systems evolution and maintenance?
– Is there a plan to evaluate and validate the models, classification, semantics and structure based on the users perspective?
– Is website access and maintenance information accessible by the ED and at least one other person (e.g., Board Chair)?
– What information is generated by, consumed by, processed on, stored in, and retrieved by the system?
– Should encryption be used to protect sensitive information in transit and storage?
– When conducting a website review what are some of the key areas that you look at?
– Why is the lack of user-centered awareness so common among Web-site developers?
– Do you keep key information backed up, maintained, and tested periodically?
– When shipping a product, do you send tracking information to the customer?
– Are the availability requirements for the information determined?
– What types of content should and should not be part of the site?
– Have the standard types of search been evaluated for use?
– How well did we share information between us?
– Which organization scheme do you like best?
– What Type of Information May be Released?
– How much information-buying is enough?
– How are search results integrated?
– How can we share information?
Information security Critical Criteria:
Use past Information security visions and point out Information security tensions in leadership.
– Has the organization established an Identity and Access Management program that is consistent with requirements, policy, and applicable guidelines and which identifies users and network devices?
– Does mgmt communicate to the organization on the importance of meeting the information security objectives, conforming to the information security policy and the need for continual improvement?
– Are information security policies and other relevant security information disseminated to all system users (including vendors, contractors, and business partners)?
– Does the ISMS policy provide a framework for setting objectives and establishes an overall sense of direction and principles for action with regard to information security?
– Is a risk treatment plan formulated to identify the appropriate mgmt action, resources, responsibilities and priorities for managing information security risks?
– Do suitable policies for the information security exist for all critical assets of the value added chain (indication of completeness of policies, Ico )?
– Is the risk assessment approach defined and suited to the ISMS, identified business information security, legal and regulatory requirements?
– Do suitable policies for the information security exist for all critical assets of the value added chain (degree of completeness)?
– Are information security roles and responsibilities coordinated and aligned with internal roles and external partners?
– What best describes the authorization process in information security?
– what is the difference between cyber security and information security?
– Is an organizational information security policy established?
– How to achieve a satisfied level of information security?
– Conform to the identified information security requirements?
– Is information security managed within the organization?
– What is the goal of information security?
Internet Critical Criteria:
Discourse Internet risks and give examples utilizing a core of simple Internet skills.
– Do you believe that additional principles and requirements are necessary for iot applications?
– Do we seem to be indifferent towards research on the internet of things as compared to peers?
– What auditing measures and technical safeguards are in place to prevent misuse of data?
– Do individuals have an opportunity and/or right to decline to provide information?
– Can the Contractor equipment be modified, and if so, by other Contractors?
– Disaster Recovery Site–what happens if Contractors server is destroyed?
– What are the reputation requirements of an Internet of objects?
– Exit strategy. what happens if the contract must be terminated?
– How can we best leverage cloud computing and obtain security?
– What are internet of things products with commercial success?
– Why should enterprise it departments care about IoT?
– Which user group(s) will have access to the system?
– Which applications and services will be expected?
– Does our security contain security theater?
– From whom is the information collected?
– Agent-based modeling: A revolution?
– But is your business prepared?
– How are the networks changing?
– Can we remove maintenance?
– What is an Agent?
National Cyber Security Awareness Month Critical Criteria:
Differentiate National Cyber Security Awareness Month tactics and find answers.
– Think of your Information security awareness project. what are the main functions?
– What business benefits will Information security awareness goals deliver if achieved?
Phishing Critical Criteria:
Adapt Phishing tasks and optimize Phishing leadership as a key to advancement.
– Does your company provide resources to improve end-user awareness of phishing, malware, indicators of compromise, and procedures in the event of a potential breach?
– What are your key performance measures or indicators and in-process measures for the control and improvement of your Information security awareness processes?
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent Information security awareness services/products?
– Among the Information security awareness product and service cost to be estimated, which is considered hardest to estimate?
– How to Handle Email Spoofing / Phishing?
President Obama’s 2015 Critical Criteria:
Nurse President Obama’s 2015 outcomes and track iterative President Obama’s 2015 results.
– How do we make it meaningful in connecting Information security awareness with what users do day-to-day?
– Is Information security awareness dependent on the successful delivery of a current project?
Security awareness Critical Criteria:
Consult on Security awareness engagements and oversee implementation of Security awareness.
– Is training varied to address evolving challenges and dynamic to stimulate interest (i.e. flyers, regular emails, formal classroom, it security awareness day)?
– What is the source of the strategies for Information security awareness strengthening and reform?
– Risk factors: what are the characteristics of Information security awareness that make it risky?
– Does our organization need more Information security awareness education?
– Does the security awareness program address it security?
– Do we utilize security awareness training?
Situation awareness Critical Criteria:
Guard Situation awareness governance and differentiate in coordinating Situation awareness.
– Why is Information security awareness important for you now?
Social engineering Critical Criteria:
Facilitate Social engineering outcomes and devote time assessing Social engineering and its risk.
– Will our employees allow someone to tailgate into our facilities or will they give out their credentials to an attacker via social engineering methods?
– What will drive Information security awareness change?
– Are we Assessing Information security awareness and Risk?
United States Department of Homeland Security Critical Criteria:
Deduce United States Department of Homeland Security engagements and prioritize challenges of United States Department of Homeland Security.
– How do senior leaders actions reflect a commitment to the organizations Information security awareness values?
– What are our Information security awareness Processes?
Wall Street Journal Critical Criteria:
Deliberate over Wall Street Journal risks and look in other fields.
– What are our needs in relation to Information security awareness skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
– Who will provide the final approval of Information security awareness deliverables?
– How do we Lead with Information security awareness in Mind?
White House Summit on Cybersecurity and Consumer Protection Critical Criteria:
Examine White House Summit on Cybersecurity and Consumer Protection outcomes and overcome White House Summit on Cybersecurity and Consumer Protection skills and management ineffectiveness.
– At what point will vulnerability assessments be performed once Information security awareness is put into production (e.g., ongoing Risk Management after implementation)?
– Will new equipment/products be required to facilitate Information security awareness delivery for example is new software needed?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Information security awareness Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Information security awareness External links:
Information Security Awareness Program | MediaPro
[PDF]FY2018 Information Security Awareness and rules of …
https://www.dm.usda.gov/OBP/docs/FY2018 USDA ISA Training.pdf
Chief information officer External links:
OMES: Chief Information Officer (CIO) – Home
Office of the Chief Information Officer
Computer literacy External links:
Computer Literacy (part 3) Flashcards | Quizlet
Computer Literacy Solutions for K-12 Students – Learning.com
Computer Literacy and Internet Knowledge Test (CLIK)
Computer security External links:
Computer Security Products for Home Users | Kaspersky Lab …
Computer Security Flashcards | Quizlet
Computer Security (Cybersecurity) – The New York Times
Digital literacy External links:
Home | Northstar Digital Literacy Assessment
Broadband and Digital Literacy Office | CDT
K-12 Digital Literacy Solution — Big Universe
Information External links:
General Title Information | Department of Revenue
Vehicle Registration and Title Information Home Page
National Motor Vehicle Title Information System
Information security External links:
[PDF]TITLE: INFORMATION SECURITY MANAGEMENT …
Federal Information Security Management Act of 2002 – NIST
ALTA – Information Security
Internet External links:
Pandora Radio – Listen to Free Internet Radio, Find New Music
National Cyber Security Awareness Month External links:
National Cyber Security Awareness Month | Old Republic Title
National Cyber Security Awareness Month – Stay Safe …
National Cyber Security Awareness Month: Tips for …
Phishing External links:
http://Phishing scams try to lure account holders into providing personal or financial information to scammers posing as a legitimate business. Most phishing scams are emails with messages that encourage you to click on certain links. Once clicked, either spyware is downloaded to your computer/mobile device or you’re directed to questions about …
Phishing call 800-331-0500 | Verizon Community
Report Phishing | Internal Revenue Service
President Obama’s 2015 External links:
President Obama’s 2015 1040 | Tax Policy Center
Security awareness External links:
Cyber Security Awareness Challenge – United States Army
Security Awareness Training>Main>index.htm
Security Awareness Hub
Situation awareness External links:
E948: Situation Awareness and Common Operating Picture
CDC Situation Awareness – 2018 Natural Hazards and …
[PDF]Situation Awareness and Decision Making in a …
Social engineering External links:
Avoiding Social Engineering and Phishing Attacks
4.5 Social Engineering Flashcards | Quizlet
What is social engineering? – Definition from WhatIs.com
Wall Street Journal External links:
The Wall Street Journal (@WSJ) | Twitter
SPX Stock Price & News – S&P 500 Index – Wall Street Journal
Econ Forecast – The Wall Street Journal – WSJ.com