What is involved in Enterprise Information Security Architecture
Find out what the related areas are that Enterprise Information Security Architecture connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Enterprise Information Security Architecture thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Enterprise Information Security Architecture journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Enterprise Information Security Architecture leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Enterprise Information Security Architecture related domains to cover and 119 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Enterprise Information Security Architecture, Asynchronous communication, Best practices, Business operations, Configuration management database, Enterprise Cybersecurity, Enterprise architecture, Enterprise architecture planning, Extended Enterprise Architecture Framework, Federal Enterprise Architecture, Financial institutions, Information assurance, Information security, Institute For Enterprise Architecture Developments, Management science, Organizational chart, Service-Oriented Modeling, Service-oriented architecture, Technology roadmaps, Zachman Framework:
Enterprise Information Security Architecture Critical Criteria:
Focus on Enterprise Information Security Architecture governance and visualize why should people listen to you regarding Enterprise Information Security Architecture.
– Among the Enterprise Information Security Architecture product and service cost to be estimated, which is considered hardest to estimate?
– In what ways are Enterprise Information Security Architecture vendors and us interacting to ensure safe and effective use?
– Is there any existing Enterprise Information Security Architecture governance structure?
Asynchronous communication Critical Criteria:
Reconstruct Asynchronous communication failures and improve Asynchronous communication service perception.
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our Enterprise Information Security Architecture agendas for the next 3 years?
– What is Effective Enterprise Information Security Architecture?
Best practices Critical Criteria:
Focus on Best practices risks and intervene in Best practices processes and leadership.
– What standards, guidelines, best practices, and tools are organizations using to understand, measure, and manage risk at the management, operational, and technical levels?
– What ITIL best practices, security and data protection standards and guidelines are in use by the cloud service provider?
– What are the best practices for software quality assurance when using agile development methodologies?
– What potential environmental factors impact the Enterprise Information Security Architecture effort?
– Aare there recommended best practices to help us decide whether they should move to the cloud?
– Are we proactively using the most effective means, the best practices and maximizing our opportunities?
– Does your organization have a company-wide policy regarding best practices for cyber?
– What are some best practices for gathering business intelligence about a competitor?
– What are the best practices in knowledge management for IT Service management ITSM?
– What are some best practices for implementing an air gap in a our setting?
– What best practices are relevant to your service management initiative?
– What are the best practices for implementing an internal site search?
– How does big data impact Data Quality and governance best practices?
– Are there any best practices or standards for the use of Big Data solutions?
– What are the best practices for Risk Management in Social Media?
– Are Organizational Change managements best practices (eg Kotter) applied?
– What best practices are relevant to your itsm initiative?
– Do we adhere to best practices interface design?
Business operations Critical Criteria:
Discuss Business operations tasks and track iterative Business operations results.
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that Enterprise Information Security Architecture objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
– Is legal review performed on all intellectual property utilized in the course of your business operations?
– How to move the data in legacy systems to the cloud environment without interrupting business operations?
– What will drive Enterprise Information Security Architecture change?
Configuration management database Critical Criteria:
Reason over Configuration management database strategies and remodel and develop an effective Configuration management database strategy.
– If a customer complains that service levels are below those agreed in the sla, apparently due to a number of related hardware incidents, who is responsible for ensuring the cause is investigated?
– What is the main difference between a cmdb (Configuration Management database) and a typical asset register?
– Is Enterprise Information Security Architecture Realistic, or are you setting yourself up for failure?
– The words delta, full and package describe different types of release. Which ones do we use when?
– Which process is responsible for the correct configuring and transmission of the programs?
– Are work control packages complete, ready for implementation, and attached?
– What elements are to be tracked and reported for baselines and changes?
– When: when do you start to place entities under configuration control?
– What types of status accounting reports are to be generated?
– How to deal with Enterprise Information Security Architecture Changes?
– What is the difference between a problem and a known error?
– Definition: what is software Configuration Management?
– Which incidents should be logged by the service desk?
– Interdisciplinary review of proposed change complete?
– Where do we stand currently against the standards?
– Motivation: why software Configuration Management?
– What are configuration items, baselines, etc. ?
– Is the change necessary, and if so, why?
– What goes under version control?
– Why a service desk?
Enterprise Cybersecurity Critical Criteria:
Start Enterprise Cybersecurity risks and define what our big hairy audacious Enterprise Cybersecurity goal is.
– What tools do you use once you have decided on a Enterprise Information Security Architecture strategy and more importantly how do you choose?
– What tools and technologies are needed for a custom Enterprise Information Security Architecture project?
Enterprise architecture Critical Criteria:
Demonstrate Enterprise architecture failures and report on setting up Enterprise architecture without losing ground.
– Where do ideas that reach policy makers and planners as proposals for Enterprise Information Security Architecture strengthening and reform actually originate?
– With the increasing adoption of cloud computing do you think enterprise architecture as a discipline will become more or less important to us and why?
– What knowledge, skills and characteristics mark a good Enterprise Information Security Architecture project manager?
– Meeting the challenge: are missed Enterprise Information Security Architecture opportunities costing us money?
– Enterprise architecture planning. how does it align with to the to be architecture?
– How does the standard fit into the Federal Enterprise Architecture (FEA)?
– Are Enterprise JavaBeans still relevant for enterprise architectures?
– Are software assets aligned with the agency enterprise architecture?
– Are the levels and focus right for TOGAF enterprise architecture?
– Are software assets aligned with the organizations enterprise architecture?
– Is There a Role for Patterns in Enterprise Architecture?
– What is the value of mature Enterprise Architecture?
– Why Should we Consider Enterprise Architecture?
– What is an Enterprise Architecture?
– What Is Enterprise Architecture?
– Why Enterprise Architecture?
Enterprise architecture planning Critical Criteria:
Reason over Enterprise architecture planning management and get the big picture.
– In the case of a Enterprise Information Security Architecture project, the criteria for the audit derive from implementation objectives. an audit of a Enterprise Information Security Architecture project involves assessing whether the recommendations outlined for implementation have been met. in other words, can we track that any Enterprise Information Security Architecture project is implemented as planned, and is it working?
– Does Enterprise Information Security Architecture analysis show the relationships among important Enterprise Information Security Architecture factors?
– What are the long-term Enterprise Information Security Architecture goals?
Extended Enterprise Architecture Framework Critical Criteria:
Consult on Extended Enterprise Architecture Framework planning and grade techniques for implementing Extended Enterprise Architecture Framework controls.
– Which Enterprise Information Security Architecture goals are the most important?
– Is the scope of Enterprise Information Security Architecture defined?
Federal Enterprise Architecture Critical Criteria:
Infer Federal Enterprise Architecture quality and remodel and develop an effective Federal Enterprise Architecture strategy.
– Is the Enterprise Information Security Architecture organization completing tasks effectively and efficiently?
– What are all of our Enterprise Information Security Architecture domains and what do they do?
Financial institutions Critical Criteria:
Group Financial institutions issues and look at it backwards.
– How do you determine the key elements that affect Enterprise Information Security Architecture workforce satisfaction? how are these elements determined for different workforce groups and segments?
– Is there a Enterprise Information Security Architecture Communication plan covering who needs to get what information when?
– Data segregation: will the financial institutions data share resources with data from other cloud clients?
– Who needs to know about Enterprise Information Security Architecture ?
– Why are financial institutions interested in DLTs?
Information assurance Critical Criteria:
Apply Information assurance goals and assess what counts with Information assurance that we are not counting.
– Is Enterprise Information Security Architecture dependent on the successful delivery of a current project?
– Are there Enterprise Information Security Architecture problems defined?
Information security Critical Criteria:
Review Information security results and figure out ways to motivate other Information security users.
– Is the software and application development process based on an industry best practice and is information security included throughout the software development life cycle (sdlc) process?
– Has specific responsibility been assigned for the execution of business continuity and disaster recovery plans (either within or outside of the information security function)?
– Do we maintain our own threat catalogue on the corporate intranet to remind employees of the wide range of issues of concern to Information Security and the business?
– Are Human Resources subject to screening, and do they have terms and conditions of employment defining their information security responsibilities?
– Is the risk assessment approach defined and suited to the ISMS, identified business information security, legal and regulatory requirements?
– Are information security roles and responsibilities coordinated and aligned with internal roles and external partners?
– Does your organization have a chief information security officer (CISO or equivalent title)?
– Is there a consistent and effective approach applied to the mgmt of information security events?
– What is true about the trusted computing base in information security?
– what is the difference between cyber security and information security?
– Is an organizational information security policy established?
– Is information security an it function within the company?
– How to achieve a satisfied level of information security?
– What is the main driver for information security expenditure?
Institute For Enterprise Architecture Developments Critical Criteria:
Be clear about Institute For Enterprise Architecture Developments goals and report on the economics of relationships managing Institute For Enterprise Architecture Developments and constraints.
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent Enterprise Information Security Architecture services/products?
– What may be the consequences for the performance of an organization if all stakeholders are not consulted regarding Enterprise Information Security Architecture?
Management science Critical Criteria:
Analyze Management science decisions and look at the big picture.
– Do the Enterprise Information Security Architecture decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
Organizational chart Critical Criteria:
Focus on Organizational chart leadership and integrate design thinking in Organizational chart innovation.
– Constantly communicate the new direction to staff. HR must rapidly readjust organizational charts, job descriptions, workflow processes, salary levels, performance measurement, etc. Why?
– What are your most important goals for the strategic Enterprise Information Security Architecture objectives?
– What are the record-keeping requirements of Enterprise Information Security Architecture activities?
Service-Oriented Modeling Critical Criteria:
Accelerate Service-Oriented Modeling outcomes and transcribe Service-Oriented Modeling as tomorrows backbone for success.
– What are your current levels and trends in key measures or indicators of Enterprise Information Security Architecture product and process performance that are important to and directly serve your customers? how do these results compare with the performance of your competitors and other organizations with similar offerings?
– what is the best design framework for Enterprise Information Security Architecture organization now that, in a post industrial-age if the top-down, command and control model is no longer relevant?
– How do mission and objectives affect the Enterprise Information Security Architecture processes of our organization?
Service-oriented architecture Critical Criteria:
Trace Service-oriented architecture adoptions and pay attention to the small things.
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a Enterprise Information Security Architecture process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the Enterprise Information Security Architecture process available?
– What are the business goals Enterprise Information Security Architecture is aiming to achieve?
– Is a Enterprise Information Security Architecture Team Work effort in place?
Technology roadmaps Critical Criteria:
Investigate Technology roadmaps engagements and reduce Technology roadmaps costs.
– Will Enterprise Information Security Architecture have an impact on current business continuity, disaster recovery processes and/or infrastructure?
– Can Management personnel recognize the monetary benefit of Enterprise Information Security Architecture?
– What business benefits will Enterprise Information Security Architecture goals deliver if achieved?
Zachman Framework Critical Criteria:
Co-operate on Zachman Framework failures and adopt an insight outlook.
– How do we ensure that implementations of Enterprise Information Security Architecture products are done in a way that ensures safety?
– How likely is the current Enterprise Information Security Architecture plan to come in on schedule or on budget?
– How do enterprise architects use the Zachman Framework?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Enterprise Information Security Architecture Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Enterprise Information Security Architecture External links:
Enterprise information security architecture
Enterprise information security architecture (EISA) is a part of enterprise architecture focusing on information security throughout the enterprise. The name implies a difference that may not exist between small/medium-sized businesses and larger organizations.
Asynchronous communication External links:
Synchronous and Asynchronous Communication
Synchronous and Asynchronous Communication Tools …
ERIC – Thesaurus – Asynchronous Communication
Best practices External links:
ALTA – Best Practices
Best Practices — Attorneys Title I North Carolina
Business operations External links:
Business operations – Jobs at PSEG
UofL Business Operations
Business Operations Center
Configuration management database External links:
ITIL Configuration Management Database | CMDB …
Enterprise Cybersecurity External links:
Enterprise cybersecurity conference from Veristor
Enterprise architecture External links:
Center for Enterprise Architecture
Enterprise Architecture Center of Excellence
Enterprise Architecture Professional Journal
Federal Enterprise Architecture External links:
Federal Enterprise Architecture (FEA) Business …
Summary Page: Federal Enterprise Architecture – …
[PDF]Federal Enterprise Architecture Records …
Financial institutions External links:
Kadince – Enterprise software for financial institutions
Types Of Financial Institutions And Their Roles – Investopedia
Wisconsin Department of Financial Institutions – Official …
Information assurance External links:
Information Assurance Directorate – National Security Agency
Online Masters in Information Assurance & Security …
[PDF]Army Information Assurance Training and …
Information security External links:
Title & Settlement Information Security
[PDF]TITLE: INFORMATION SECURITY MANAGEMENT …
Management science External links:
Management Science and Engineering
Finance & Management Science – Carson College of Business
Management Science and Information Systems
Organizational chart External links:
DMV Organizational Chart | Department of Motor Vehicles
An organizational chart (often called organization chart, org chart, organigram(me), or organogram) is a diagram that shows the structure of an organization and the relationships and relative ranks of its parts and positions/jobs. The term is also used for similar diagrams, for example ones showing the different elements of a field of knowledge or a group of languages.
Service-Oriented Modeling External links:
[PDF]Service-Oriented Modeling Framework (SOMF) …
Technology roadmaps External links:
2015 NASA Technology Roadmaps | NASA
Three Example Technology Roadmaps – ProductPlan
Technology Roadmaps | Department of Energy
Zachman Framework External links:
Zachman Framework Flashcards | Quizlet
ADM and the Zachman Framework – Saint Louis University
Tutorial to Zachman Framework – Student Simple