What is involved in System on a Chip
Find out what the related areas are that System on a Chip connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a System on a Chip thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its System on a Chip journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward System on a Chip leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which System on a Chip related domains to cover and 133 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
System on a Chip, Modular programming, Bit-serial architecture, Amorphous computing, Processor register, Application-specific integrated circuit, Logic gate, Data parallelism, Counter machine, Network processor, No instruction set computing, Integrated circuit, Notebook processor, Electronic design automation, Advanced Power Management, Intel Secure Key, Power-on reset, Advanced Microcontroller Bus Architecture, Reduced instruction set computer, Memory Controller, Transistor–transistor logic, Electrical connector, Multiprocessor system-on-chip, Organic computing, Apollo Guidance Computer, Unified Power Format, Xilinx ISE, Branch predictor, Floating-point unit, Heterogeneous computing, Voltage regulator, OpenRISC 1200, National Semiconductor, Mill architecture, Sequential logic, Digital to analog converter, DEC Prism, Single-board microcontroller, Xilinx Vivado, Computer software, FPGA prototype, Erasable programmable logic device, Mixed-signal integrated circuit, Application-specific instruction set processor, Register machine, One instruction set computer, Cycles per instruction, Tiva-C LaunchPad:
System on a Chip Critical Criteria:
Participate in System on a Chip leadership and check on ways to get started with System on a Chip.
– For correct behaviour of synchronous edge-triggered hardware, the progagation delay of D-types must be greater than their hold time. Question : How can we ensuse this in a technology-neutral model that does not have any specific numerical delays ?
– For faster system modelling, we do not want to enter EDS kernel for every change of every net or bus: so is it possible to pass larger objects around, or even send threads between components, like S/W does ?
– Technology and Circuits for On-Chip Networks: How will technology (ITRS CMOS) and circuit design affect the design of on-chip networks. What key research issues must be addressed in this area?
– Microarchitecture for On-Chip Networks: What microarchitecture is needed for on-chip routers and network interfaces to meet latency, area, and power constraints?
– The boolean equivalence problem is do two functions produce the same output. However, are we interested for all input combinations?
– How can we reduce the size of these data without loss of, or at least being able to control, the level of quality?
– How can we ensuse this in a technology-neutral model that does not have any specific numerical delays ?
– Transactions may execute in a different sequence from reality: sequential consistency compromised ?
– If a pair of circuits are combined, do they share a common clock or take it in turns to move?
– What percentage of rule disjuncts held as dominators (on their own) ?
– What is driving the industry to develop the SoC design methodology?
– Do we want to model every contention point and queuing detail ?
– Right-hand sides may range over rich operators e.g. mux ?
– How do you ensure that the micro-boundary is secure?
– How small can we go: what is the silicon end point ?
– Main poblem: how large an FPGA to start with?
– Scalability, are tools limited in practice?
– What will drive the next discontinuity?
– What is a System Anyway?
– More than one clock?
Modular programming Critical Criteria:
Deduce Modular programming failures and clarify ways to gain access to competitive Modular programming services.
– Who is the main stakeholder, with ultimate responsibility for driving System on a Chip forward?
– Is System on a Chip Realistic, or are you setting yourself up for failure?
– Do you monitor the effectiveness of your System on a Chip activities?
Bit-serial architecture Critical Criteria:
Collaborate on Bit-serial architecture failures and look at it backwards.
– Does System on a Chip analysis show the relationships among important System on a Chip factors?
– Why should we adopt a System on a Chip framework?
Amorphous computing Critical Criteria:
Look at Amorphous computing failures and drive action.
– Do we cover the five essential competencies-Communication, Collaboration,Innovation, Adaptability, and Leadership that improve an organizations ability to leverage the new System on a Chip in a volatile global economy?
– Will System on a Chip have an impact on current business continuity, disaster recovery processes and/or infrastructure?
– What are the business goals System on a Chip is aiming to achieve?
Processor register Critical Criteria:
Judge Processor register risks and display thorough understanding of the Processor register process.
– How do we Lead with System on a Chip in Mind?
– Is the scope of System on a Chip defined?
Application-specific integrated circuit Critical Criteria:
Align Application-specific integrated circuit projects and get answers.
– How do your measurements capture actionable System on a Chip information for use in exceeding your customers expectations and securing your customers engagement?
– How do we go about Comparing System on a Chip approaches/solutions?
– Are we Assessing System on a Chip and Risk?
Logic gate Critical Criteria:
Analyze Logic gate management and forecast involvement of future Logic gate projects in development.
– Why are System on a Chip skills important?
Data parallelism Critical Criteria:
Differentiate Data parallelism risks and visualize why should people listen to you regarding Data parallelism.
– What is the total cost related to deploying System on a Chip, including any consulting or professional services?
– What potential environmental factors impact the System on a Chip effort?
– What are the barriers to increased System on a Chip production?
Counter machine Critical Criteria:
Rank Counter machine tasks and give examples utilizing a core of simple Counter machine skills.
– How do you determine the key elements that affect System on a Chip workforce satisfaction? how are these elements determined for different workforce groups and segments?
– Do we have past System on a Chip Successes?
Network processor Critical Criteria:
Model after Network processor projects and gather Network processor models .
– Can we do System on a Chip without complex (expensive) analysis?
No instruction set computing Critical Criteria:
Graph No instruction set computing goals and frame using storytelling to create more compelling No instruction set computing projects.
– How do senior leaders actions reflect a commitment to the organizations System on a Chip values?
– Have all basic functions of System on a Chip been defined?
– Are there recognized System on a Chip problems?
Integrated circuit Critical Criteria:
Frame Integrated circuit outcomes and balance specific methods for improving Integrated circuit results.
– What are the key elements of your System on a Chip performance improvement system, including your evaluation, organizational learning, and innovation processes?
– How can we incorporate support to ensure safe and effective use of System on a Chip into the services that we provide?
– What are the short and long-term System on a Chip goals?
Notebook processor Critical Criteria:
Graph Notebook processor failures and diversify by understanding risks and leveraging Notebook processor.
– What tools do you use once you have decided on a System on a Chip strategy and more importantly how do you choose?
Electronic design automation Critical Criteria:
Boost Electronic design automation engagements and find the ideas you already have.
– At what point will vulnerability assessments be performed once System on a Chip is put into production (e.g., ongoing Risk Management after implementation)?
– What are the usability implications of System on a Chip actions?
Advanced Power Management Critical Criteria:
Illustrate Advanced Power Management visions and don’t overlook the obvious.
– Will new equipment/products be required to facilitate System on a Chip delivery for example is new software needed?
Intel Secure Key Critical Criteria:
Disseminate Intel Secure Key management and question.
– Why is System on a Chip important for you now?
Power-on reset Critical Criteria:
Facilitate Power-on reset strategies and question.
– What are the disruptive System on a Chip technologies that enable our organization to radically change our business processes?
– Does the System on a Chip task fit the clients priorities?
– How can skill-level changes improve System on a Chip?
Advanced Microcontroller Bus Architecture Critical Criteria:
Understand Advanced Microcontroller Bus Architecture management and overcome Advanced Microcontroller Bus Architecture skills and management ineffectiveness.
– Who is responsible for ensuring appropriate resources (time, people and money) are allocated to System on a Chip?
– Does System on a Chip analysis isolate the fundamental causes of problems?
Reduced instruction set computer Critical Criteria:
Adapt Reduced instruction set computer decisions and slay a dragon.
– How do we Improve System on a Chip service perception, and satisfaction?
– What are the Key enablers to make this System on a Chip move?
– What are the Essentials of Internal System on a Chip Management?
Memory Controller Critical Criteria:
Have a session on Memory Controller goals and acquire concise Memory Controller education.
– What other organizational variables, such as reward systems or communication systems, affect the performance of this System on a Chip process?
– What will be the consequences to the business (financial, reputation etc) if System on a Chip does not go ahead or fails to deliver the objectives?
– How do we Identify specific System on a Chip investment and emerging trends?
Transistor–transistor logic Critical Criteria:
Infer Transistor–transistor logic quality and sort Transistor–transistor logic activities.
– Consider your own System on a Chip project. what types of organizational problems do you think might be causing or affecting your problem, based on the work done so far?
– Which System on a Chip goals are the most important?
Electrical connector Critical Criteria:
Accelerate Electrical connector strategies and adopt an insight outlook.
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about System on a Chip. How do we gain traction?
– Does our organization need more System on a Chip education?
– What is Effective System on a Chip?
Multiprocessor system-on-chip Critical Criteria:
Track Multiprocessor system-on-chip tasks and give examples utilizing a core of simple Multiprocessor system-on-chip skills.
– What are your results for key measures or indicators of the accomplishment of your System on a Chip strategy and action plans, including building and strengthening core competencies?
– For your System on a Chip project, identify and describe the business environment. is there more than one layer to the business environment?
Organic computing Critical Criteria:
Reconstruct Organic computing outcomes and acquire concise Organic computing education.
– What sources do you use to gather information for a System on a Chip study?
Apollo Guidance Computer Critical Criteria:
Confer re Apollo Guidance Computer leadership and oversee implementation of Apollo Guidance Computer.
– Have the types of risks that may impact System on a Chip been identified and analyzed?
– What vendors make products that address the System on a Chip needs?
Unified Power Format Critical Criteria:
Tête-à-tête about Unified Power Format failures and proactively manage Unified Power Format risks.
– What are your key performance measures or indicators and in-process measures for the control and improvement of your System on a Chip processes?
– How do we manage System on a Chip Knowledge Management (KM)?
Xilinx ISE Critical Criteria:
Graph Xilinx ISE tasks and change contexts.
– Are accountability and ownership for System on a Chip clearly defined?
– Is a System on a Chip Team Work effort in place?
Branch predictor Critical Criteria:
Have a round table over Branch predictor issues and perfect Branch predictor conflict management.
– A compounding model resolution with available relevant data can often provide insight towards a solution methodology; which System on a Chip models, tools and techniques are necessary?
– Think about the kind of project structure that would be appropriate for your System on a Chip project. should it be formal and complex, or can it be less formal and relatively simple?
Floating-point unit Critical Criteria:
See the value of Floating-point unit goals and pioneer acquisition of Floating-point unit systems.
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a System on a Chip process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the System on a Chip process available?
– How can you negotiate System on a Chip successfully with a stubborn boss, an irate client, or a deceitful coworker?
– What is our System on a Chip Strategy?
Heterogeneous computing Critical Criteria:
Distinguish Heterogeneous computing results and sort Heterogeneous computing activities.
– What management system can we use to leverage the System on a Chip experience, ideas, and concerns of the people closest to the work to be done?
– Does System on a Chip systematically track and analyze outcomes for accountability and quality improvement?
– What role does communication play in the success or failure of a System on a Chip project?
Voltage regulator Critical Criteria:
Think carefully about Voltage regulator issues and devise Voltage regulator key steps.
– Who will provide the final approval of System on a Chip deliverables?
– Do we all define System on a Chip in the same way?
OpenRISC 1200 Critical Criteria:
Derive from OpenRISC 1200 governance and test out new things.
– Can we add value to the current System on a Chip decision-making process (largely qualitative) by incorporating uncertainty modeling (more quantitative)?
National Semiconductor Critical Criteria:
Cut a stake in National Semiconductor projects and report on the economics of relationships managing National Semiconductor and constraints.
– In a project to restructure System on a Chip outcomes, which stakeholders would you involve?
– Will System on a Chip deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
– What is our formula for success in System on a Chip ?
Mill architecture Critical Criteria:
Review Mill architecture adoptions and suggest using storytelling to create more compelling Mill architecture projects.
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our System on a Chip agendas for the next 3 years?
– Is System on a Chip Required?
Sequential logic Critical Criteria:
Participate in Sequential logic failures and plan concise Sequential logic education.
– What may be the consequences for the performance of an organization if all stakeholders are not consulted regarding System on a Chip?
– What are your most important goals for the strategic System on a Chip objectives?
Digital to analog converter Critical Criteria:
Shape Digital to analog converter risks and interpret which customers can’t participate in Digital to analog converter because they lack skills.
– Do we monitor the System on a Chip decisions made and fine tune them as they evolve?
– Do System on a Chip rules make a reasonable demand on a users capabilities?
DEC Prism Critical Criteria:
Do a round table on DEC Prism adoptions and observe effective DEC Prism.
– What are all of our System on a Chip domains and what do they do?
– How to deal with System on a Chip Changes?
Single-board microcontroller Critical Criteria:
Administer Single-board microcontroller issues and probe using an integrated framework to make sure Single-board microcontroller is getting what it needs.
– Think about the functions involved in your System on a Chip project. what processes flow from these functions?
– Meeting the challenge: are missed System on a Chip opportunities costing us money?
Xilinx Vivado Critical Criteria:
Analyze Xilinx Vivado engagements and overcome Xilinx Vivado skills and management ineffectiveness.
– Who will be responsible for making the decisions to include or exclude requested changes once System on a Chip is underway?
– How much does System on a Chip help?
Computer software Critical Criteria:
Examine Computer software governance and report on developing an effective Computer software strategy.
– Do several people in different organizational units assist with the System on a Chip process?
FPGA prototype Critical Criteria:
Guard FPGA prototype leadership and integrate design thinking in FPGA prototype innovation.
– In the case of a System on a Chip project, the criteria for the audit derive from implementation objectives. an audit of a System on a Chip project involves assessing whether the recommendations outlined for implementation have been met. in other words, can we track that any System on a Chip project is implemented as planned, and is it working?
– How would one define System on a Chip leadership?
– What threat is System on a Chip addressing?
Erasable programmable logic device Critical Criteria:
Adapt Erasable programmable logic device failures and reinforce and communicate particularly sensitive Erasable programmable logic device decisions.
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent System on a Chip services/products?
– Is there a System on a Chip Communication plan covering who needs to get what information when?
– Risk factors: what are the characteristics of System on a Chip that make it risky?
Mixed-signal integrated circuit Critical Criteria:
Systematize Mixed-signal integrated circuit risks and gather practices for scaling Mixed-signal integrated circuit.
Application-specific instruction set processor Critical Criteria:
Survey Application-specific instruction set processor goals and be persistent.
– What are our best practices for minimizing System on a Chip project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the System on a Chip project lifecycle?
– What are our needs in relation to System on a Chip skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
Register machine Critical Criteria:
Judge Register machine quality and drive action.
One instruction set computer Critical Criteria:
Chat re One instruction set computer governance and know what your objective is.
– Who needs to know about System on a Chip ?
Cycles per instruction Critical Criteria:
Grade Cycles per instruction tasks and get answers.
– How do mission and objectives affect the System on a Chip processes of our organization?
Tiva-C LaunchPad Critical Criteria:
Co-operate on Tiva-C LaunchPad projects and achieve a single Tiva-C LaunchPad view and bringing data together.
– To what extent does management recognize System on a Chip as a tool to increase the results?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the System on a Chip Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
System on a Chip External links:
[PDF]3 Dimensional Monolithic System on a Chip (3DSoC)
Modular programming External links:
What is modular programming? Where is it used? – Quora
What is Modular Programming? – Definition from Techopedia
Modular programming in C++ – Stack Overflow
Bit-serial architecture External links:
“Bit-serial architecture” on Revolvy.com
Bit-Serial Architecture For Real Time Motion Compensation
[PDF]Bit-serial architecture for optical computing
Amorphous computing External links:
Amorphous Computing | Self-Organizing Systems …
[PDF]A Brief History of Amorphous Computing – MIT
Processor register External links:
What is a Processor Register? – Definition from Techopedia
Logic gate External links:
[PDF]Logic Gate to Truth Table Worksheet – Emmell
[PDF]•Basci Logci Gaets LOGIC GATES
Data parallelism External links:
What is Data Parallelism | IGI Global
[PDF]Data parallelism – University Of Maryland
tensorflow – Data parallelism in Keras – Stack Overflow
Counter machine External links:
How to Purchase the Best Money Counter Machine
Network processor External links:
Nervana Neural Network Processor: Intel’s new AI …
No instruction set computing External links:
No Instruction Set Computing – Walmart.com
No Instruction Set Computing (NISC) | Lobsters
No instruction set computing – WOW.com
Integrated circuit External links:
What is integrated circuit (IC)? – Definition from WhatIs.com
integrated circuit | Types, Uses, & Function | Britannica.com
[PDF]Analog Integrated Circuit Design – Why?
Notebook processor External links:
Intel Core i3-370M Notebook Processor (3M Cache, 2.4 …
http://www.ebay.com › … › Computer Components & Parts › CPUs/Processors
Electronic design automation External links:
Electronic Design Automation Careers | Real Intent
Electronic Design Automation | Design Automation …
Advanced Power Management External links:
linrunner.de: TLP – Linux Advanced Power Management
What is APM (Advanced Power Management)?
Intel Secure Key External links:
Intel secure key” Keyword Found Websites Listing | …
Power-on reset External links:
Power-On Reset: The Analog, the Digital & Some of What …
Advanced Microcontroller Bus Architecture External links:
Advanced Microcontroller Bus Architecture (AMBA) – …
Advanced Microcontroller Bus Architecture – …
[PDF]Advanced Microcontroller Bus Architecture system
Reduced instruction set computer External links:
Reduced Instruction Set Computer – Nekochan
What is REDUCED INSTRUCTION SET COMPUTER
Memory Controller External links:
S/Labs HyperBus Memory Controller (HBMC) IP
Electrical connector External links:
Ski-Doo electrical connector pin removal – YouTube
Electrical Connector – NEMA
Ford Wiring Diagrams | Page Layout | Electrical Connector
Multiprocessor system-on-chip External links:
Description: Pipelined multiprocessor system-on-chip …
1441964614 – Multiprocessor System-On-Chip – …
Wireless multiprocessor system-on-chip with unified …
Organic computing External links:
Organic Computing Jobs – Apply Now | CareerBuilder
Organic Computing – YouTube
Organic Computing Flashcards | Quizlet
Apollo Guidance Computer External links:
Apollo guidance computer, display and keyboard …
[PDF]Block I Apollo Guidance Computer (AGC) – klabs.org
Unified Power Format External links:
IEEE1801 Unified Power Format – Google Sites
Unified Power Format (UPF) for low-power design
Unified Power Format – YouTube
Xilinx ISE External links:
[PDF]Xilinx ISE 10.1 Quick Start Tutorial
[PDF]Digital Circuit Design Using Xilinx ISE Tools
[PDF]Xilinx ISE and Spartan-3 Tutorial
Branch predictor External links:
Branch Predictor (@Branch300BPM) | Twitter
Floating-point unit External links:
[PDF]ENERGY EFFICIENT FLOATING-POINT UNIT …
Heterogeneous computing External links:
Heterogeneous Computing with OpenCL 2.0 – …
Heterogeneous Computing with OpenCL – ScienceDirect
Heterogeneous Computing – AMD
Voltage regulator External links:
How to Test a Voltage Regulator: 12 Steps (with Pictures)
What is the function of a voltage regulator? | …
Generator Voltage Regulator | eBay
OpenRISC 1200 External links:
OpenRISC 1200 – Infogalactic: the planetary knowledge core
OpenRisc 1200 HP, Hyper Pipelined OR1200 Core :: Overview
GitHub – openrisc/or1200: OpenRISC 1200 implementation
National Semiconductor External links:
[PDF]National Semiconductor Introduces Power …
LM35 Datasheet(PDF) – National Semiconductor (TI)
National Semiconductor Distributor | Mouser
Sequential logic External links:
Difference between Combinational and Sequential Logic
[PDF]DESIGNING SEQUENTIAL LOGIC CIRCUITS
[PDF]Computer Science Sequential Logic and Clocked …
DEC Prism External links:
Sketch of DEC PRISM — Mark Smotherman
Xilinx Vivado External links:
Xilinx Vivado – Setup/Startup – ECE-2612 – Google Sites
Xilinx Vivado – Georgia Institute of Technology
Xilinx Vivado Gpio LED Hello World Example – YouTube
Computer software External links:
Computer Software | HSN
Computer Software Classes – Certstaffix Training
FPGA prototype External links:
“VERILOG DESIGN AND FPGA PROTOTYPE OF A …
Erasable programmable logic device External links:
Lyrics containing the term: erasable programmable logic device
https://www.lyrics.com/lyrics/erasable programmable logic device
Mixed-signal integrated circuit External links:
EEE 230 Analog & Mixed-Signal Integrated Circuit Design
Register machine External links:
Register Machine Computation in Synthetic Biology
NORMA register machine – Everything2.com
One instruction set computer External links:
e25 . lab 5: OISC : One Instruction Set Computer
One instruction set computer Facts for Kids | …
One Instruction Set Computer – Drexel University
Cycles per instruction External links:
[PDF]Calculation of CPI (Cycles Per Instruction)
Cycles Per Instruction – Why it matters – insideHPC
Tiva-C LaunchPad External links:
Energia 18 on TIVA-C Launchpad – Google Groups