What is involved in Insider Threat Prevention
Find out what the related areas are that Insider Threat Prevention connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Insider Threat Prevention thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Insider Threat Prevention journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Insider Threat Prevention leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Insider Threat Prevention related domains to cover and 48 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Insider Threat Prevention, Insider threat, Afghanistan, CERT Coordination Center, Computer security, Financial sector, Forensics, Insider Threat Management, Kandahar Airfield, Logic bomb, Naval Criminal Investigative Service, Stochastic forensics, Threat:
Insider Threat Prevention Critical Criteria:
Win new insights about Insider Threat Prevention issues and finalize specific methods for Insider Threat Prevention acceptance.
– Consider your own Insider Threat Prevention project. what types of organizational problems do you think might be causing or affecting your problem, based on the work done so far?
– What are current Insider Threat Prevention Paradigms?
Insider threat Critical Criteria:
Analyze Insider threat failures and grade techniques for implementing Insider threat controls.
– Do several people in different organizational units assist with the Insider Threat Prevention process?
– What is the purpose of Insider Threat Prevention in relation to the mission?
Afghanistan Critical Criteria:
Collaborate on Afghanistan quality and find out.
– Will Insider Threat Prevention have an impact on current business continuity, disaster recovery processes and/or infrastructure?
– How do mission and objectives affect the Insider Threat Prevention processes of our organization?
– Do we all define Insider Threat Prevention in the same way?
CERT Coordination Center Critical Criteria:
Reorganize CERT Coordination Center decisions and interpret which customers can’t participate in CERT Coordination Center because they lack skills.
– Does Insider Threat Prevention analysis show the relationships among important Insider Threat Prevention factors?
– Who is responsible for ensuring appropriate resources (time, people and money) are allocated to Insider Threat Prevention?
– Are accountability and ownership for Insider Threat Prevention clearly defined?
Computer security Critical Criteria:
Deliberate Computer security strategies and define what do we need to start doing with Computer security.
– Does your company provide end-user training to all employees on Cybersecurity, either as part of general staff training or specifically on the topic of computer security and company policy?
– Will the selection of a particular product limit the future choices of other computer security or operational modifications and improvements?
– What are your most important goals for the strategic Insider Threat Prevention objectives?
– Think of your Insider Threat Prevention project. what are the main functions?
Financial sector Critical Criteria:
Gauge Financial sector failures and describe which business rules are needed as Financial sector interface.
– How do we know that any Insider Threat Prevention analysis is complete and comprehensive?
Forensics Critical Criteria:
Exchange ideas about Forensics planning and find out what it really means.
– You do not want to be informed of a data loss incident from the users themselves or from the data protection authority. Do you have technology that can detect breaches that have taken place; forensics available to investigate how the data was lost (or changed); and can you go back in time with full user logs and identify the incident to understand its scope and impact?
– What sources do you use to gather information for a Insider Threat Prevention study?
– Can we do Insider Threat Prevention without complex (expensive) analysis?
– What are the Key enablers to make this Insider Threat Prevention move?
– Who needs Computer Forensics?
Insider Threat Management Critical Criteria:
Tête-à-tête about Insider Threat Management goals and pay attention to the small things.
– What will drive Insider Threat Prevention change?
Kandahar Airfield Critical Criteria:
Paraphrase Kandahar Airfield results and correct Kandahar Airfield management by competencies.
– How do you incorporate cycle time, productivity, cost control, and other efficiency and effectiveness factors into these Insider Threat Prevention processes?
– Meeting the challenge: are missed Insider Threat Prevention opportunities costing us money?
– Does Insider Threat Prevention analysis isolate the fundamental causes of problems?
Logic bomb Critical Criteria:
See the value of Logic bomb goals and adopt an insight outlook.
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our Insider Threat Prevention agendas for the next 3 years?
– Do we monitor the Insider Threat Prevention decisions made and fine tune them as they evolve?
– What are our Insider Threat Prevention Processes?
Naval Criminal Investigative Service Critical Criteria:
Face Naval Criminal Investigative Service failures and adopt an insight outlook.
– What are specific Insider Threat Prevention Rules to follow?
Stochastic forensics Critical Criteria:
Coach on Stochastic forensics issues and inform on and uncover unspoken needs and breakthrough Stochastic forensics results.
– Is Insider Threat Prevention dependent on the successful delivery of a current project?
– What tools and technologies are needed for a custom Insider Threat Prevention project?
– What is Effective Insider Threat Prevention?
Threat Critical Criteria:
Reorganize Threat results and shift your focus.
– In the case of a Insider Threat Prevention project, the criteria for the audit derive from implementation objectives. an audit of a Insider Threat Prevention project involves assessing whether the recommendations outlined for implementation have been met. in other words, can we track that any Insider Threat Prevention project is implemented as planned, and is it working?
– Are machines storing data located in secured enclosed areas, access restricted areas, locked rooms, etc. to protect against physical threats?
– What are the specific security and integrity threats to cloud computing storage systems that do not exist in private data centers?
– How can you tell if the actions you plan to take will contain the impact of a potential cyber threat?
– Does the organization or systems requiring remediation face numerous and/or significant threats?
– Is there a person at your organization who assesses vulnerabilities, consequences, and threats?
– Is there a person at our organization who assesses vulnerabilities, consequences, and threats?
– Does big data threaten the traditional data warehouse business intelligence model stack?
– What threats are applicable in the environment in which the system will be operational?
– What are potential threats from alternative (or disruptive) technologies?
– How do you assess threats to your system and assets?
– What can be done to mitigate threats?
– How are our assets threatened?
– What are my security threats?
– What are the Threats?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Insider Threat Prevention Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Insider Threat Prevention External links:
Veriato Support | Insider Threat Prevention
Insider threat External links:
Varonis | Insider Threat Protection
Insider Threat Awareness
Digital Communication Analysis for Insider Threat | CTTSO
Afghanistan External links:
Afghanistan | HuffPost
Special Inspector General for Afghanistan Reconstruction …
CERT Coordination Center External links:
CERT Coordination Center
http://The CERT Coordination Center (CERT/CC) is the coordination center of the computer emergency response team (CERT) for the Software Engineering Institute (SEI), a non-profit United States federally funded research and development center.
CERT Coordination Center : definition of CERT …
http://dictionary.sensagent.com/CERT Coordination Center/en-en
CERT Coordination Center – Revolvy
https://www.revolvy.com/topic/CERT Coordination Center
Computer security External links:
GateKeeper – Computer Security Lock | Security for Laptops
Report a Computer Security Vulnerability – TechNet …
UC San Diego Health System Computer Security
Financial sector External links:
Financial sector debt bias (eBook, 2016) [WorldCat.org]
[PDF]Financial Sector – dol.gov
Financial Sector Definition | Investopedia
Forensics External links:
Medical Forensics Program | Wisconsin Department of Justice
Magnet Forensics – Official Site
Bode Cellmark Forensics
Insider Threat Management External links:
Insider Threat Management – Securonix
Top Consulting Firms – Insider Threat Management Group
Kandahar Airfield External links:
Life at Kandahar Airfield – NBC News
Just DFACS Ma’am | The Kandahar Airfield Guide to Not …
Logic bomb External links:
Browse and Read Logic Bomb Logic Bomb logic bomb
Download and Read Logic Bomb Logic Bomb logic bomb
Logic Bomb – TV Tropes
Naval Criminal Investigative Service External links:
NCIS: Naval Criminal Investigative Service – Awards – IMDb
Threat External links:
Cybersecurity Threat Intelligence, Phishing Protection, Alerts
Threat Stack – Official Site