What is involved in Application Portfolio Management
Find out what the related areas are that Application Portfolio Management connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Application Portfolio Management thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Application Portfolio Management journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Application Portfolio Management leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Application Portfolio Management related domains to cover and 82 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Application Portfolio Management, Active Server Pages, Application software, Application store, Cabinet, Dynamic Link Library, Excel spreadsheet, Financial portfolio, Forrester Research, IT portfolio management, Information technology, Legacy system, Microsoft Excel, Mobile application, Return on Investment, Service-oriented architecture, Software component, Web service, Zip file:
Application Portfolio Management Critical Criteria:
Explore Application Portfolio Management tasks and integrate design thinking in Application Portfolio Management innovation.
– Do we monitor the Application Portfolio Management decisions made and fine tune them as they evolve?
– Risk factors: what are the characteristics of Application Portfolio Management that make it risky?
– What sources do you use to gather information for a Application Portfolio Management study?
Active Server Pages Critical Criteria:
Transcribe Active Server Pages adoptions and look in other fields.
– For your Application Portfolio Management project, identify and describe the business environment. is there more than one layer to the business environment?
Application software Critical Criteria:
Map Application software planning and know what your objective is.
– Do those selected for the Application Portfolio Management team have a good general understanding of what Application Portfolio Management is all about?
– What may be the consequences for the performance of an organization if all stakeholders are not consulted regarding Application Portfolio Management?
– Who are the people involved in developing and implementing Application Portfolio Management?
– How do you manage the new access devices using their own new application software?
– Is the process effectively supported by the legacy application software?
Application store Critical Criteria:
Reason over Application store leadership and shift your focus.
– Who needs to know about Application Portfolio Management ?
– Are there Application Portfolio Management Models?
Cabinet Critical Criteria:
Distinguish Cabinet adoptions and look at the big picture.
– Where do ideas that reach policy makers and planners as proposals for Application Portfolio Management strengthening and reform actually originate?
– What is the total cost related to deploying Application Portfolio Management, including any consulting or professional services?
– Are media storing data (e.g. dvds, backups, flash drives) encrypted and secured in locked rooms, cabinets or the like?
– Dvds, backups, flash drives) encrypted and secured in locked rooms, cabinets or the like?
– What will drive Application Portfolio Management change?
Dynamic Link Library Critical Criteria:
Brainstorm over Dynamic Link Library tasks and visualize why should people listen to you regarding Dynamic Link Library.
– Does Application Portfolio Management analysis show the relationships among important Application Portfolio Management factors?
– To what extent does management recognize Application Portfolio Management as a tool to increase the results?
– Are we Assessing Application Portfolio Management and Risk?
Excel spreadsheet Critical Criteria:
Reconstruct Excel spreadsheet outcomes and explore and align the progress in Excel spreadsheet.
– At what point will vulnerability assessments be performed once Application Portfolio Management is put into production (e.g., ongoing Risk Management after implementation)?
– Will new equipment/products be required to facilitate Application Portfolio Management delivery for example is new software needed?
– Is a Application Portfolio Management Team Work effort in place?
Financial portfolio Critical Criteria:
Merge Financial portfolio tasks and find out.
– Is Application Portfolio Management dependent on the successful delivery of a current project?
– How can you measure Application Portfolio Management in a systematic way?
Forrester Research Critical Criteria:
Communicate about Forrester Research projects and raise human resource and employment practices for Forrester Research.
– What are your results for key measures or indicators of the accomplishment of your Application Portfolio Management strategy and action plans, including building and strengthening core competencies?
– What management system can we use to leverage the Application Portfolio Management experience, ideas, and concerns of the people closest to the work to be done?
– Why should we adopt a Application Portfolio Management framework?
IT portfolio management Critical Criteria:
Give examples of IT portfolio management quality and overcome IT portfolio management skills and management ineffectiveness.
– What are all of our Application Portfolio Management domains and what do they do?
– What are the business goals Application Portfolio Management is aiming to achieve?
Information technology Critical Criteria:
Reason over Information technology quality and look in other fields.
– what is the best design framework for Application Portfolio Management organization now that, in a post industrial-age if the top-down, command and control model is no longer relevant?
– Do the response plans address damage assessment, site restoration, payroll, Human Resources, information technology, and administrative support?
– Does your company have defined information technology risk performance metrics that are monitored and reported to management on a regular basis?
– If a survey was done with asking organizations; Is there a line between your information technology department and your information security department?
– Does Application Portfolio Management analysis isolate the fundamental causes of problems?
– How does new information technology come to be applied and diffused among firms?
– The difference between data/information and information technology (it)?
– Have all basic functions of Application Portfolio Management been defined?
– When do you ask for help from Information Technology (IT)?
Legacy system Critical Criteria:
Systematize Legacy system planning and slay a dragon.
– The process of conducting a data migration involves access to both the legacy source and the target source. The target source must be configured according to requirements. If youre using a contractor and provided that the contractor is under strict confidentiality, do you permit the contractor to house copies of your source data during the implementation?
– Are the migration costs associated with the migration to the selected alternative included in thew new system/application investment, the legacy investment, or in a separate migration investment?
– On what terms should a manager of information systems evolution and maintenance provide service and support to the customers of information systems evolution and maintenance?
– If a new system is expected to interface/Integrate with any one of your current 3rd party/ Legacy system then what is the interface/integration required?
– What actions must be taken in order to successfully integrate numerous systems, including legacy data from earlier systems that are desired for analysis?
– How will you handle the legal implications? What are the challenges associated with Data Quality or with working alongside legacy systems?
– If a component c is dynamically replaced, what are the potential effects of the replacement related to c?
– Data feeds are often derived from application programs or legacy data sources. what does it mean?
– If a change is made to a component c, what other components might be affected by c?
– Should there be a complete replacement of legacy mainframes and applications?
– So what does the path forward look like for the legacy devices?
– How much will it cost and how will it be funded?
– How high is the cost of operating the system?
– What format will be legacy data be provided?
– Do we have the right skills and resources?
– What do our customers need or want?
– Who or what is doing the managing?
– Risk – What are the project risks?
– Is the software system reliable?
– What are my opions?
Microsoft Excel Critical Criteria:
Analyze Microsoft Excel tactics and diversify disclosure of information – dealing with confidential Microsoft Excel information.
– How do your measurements capture actionable Application Portfolio Management information for use in exceeding your customers expectations and securing your customers engagement?
– Why is Application Portfolio Management important for you now?
– How to deal with Application Portfolio Management Changes?
Mobile application Critical Criteria:
Administer Mobile application decisions and frame using storytelling to create more compelling Mobile application projects.
– Think about the people you identified for your Application Portfolio Management project and the project responsibilities you would assign to them. what kind of training do you think they would need to perform these responsibilities effectively?
– Think about the functions involved in your Application Portfolio Management project. what processes flow from these functions?
– What are the steps to take when developing a mobile application?
– Do we have past Application Portfolio Management Successes?
Return on Investment Critical Criteria:
Depict Return on Investment tactics and plan concise Return on Investment education.
– How important are hard measurements that show return on investment compared to soft measurements that demonstrate customer satisfaction and public perception?
– Does the expected return on investment (roi) of this new collection justify putting it in place?
– How do we manage Application Portfolio Management Knowledge Management (KM)?
– Is Return on Investment addressed?
Service-oriented architecture Critical Criteria:
Closely inspect Service-oriented architecture goals and sort Service-oriented architecture activities.
Software component Critical Criteria:
Own Software component planning and prioritize challenges of Software component.
– Can we answer questions like: Are all identified requirements allocated to software components?
– What is our formula for success in Application Portfolio Management ?
– What are current Application Portfolio Management Paradigms?
Web service Critical Criteria:
Consult on Web service projects and simulate teachings and consultations on quality process improvement of Web service.
– Expose its policy engine via web services for use by third-party systems (e.g. provisioning, help desk solutions)?
– How does this standard provide users the ability to access applications and services through web services?
– Does our organization need more Application Portfolio Management education?
– What is the best strategy going forward for data center disaster recovery?
– Amazon web services is which type of cloud computing distribution model?
– What are specific Application Portfolio Management Rules to follow?
Zip file Critical Criteria:
Incorporate Zip file tasks and point out improvements in Zip file.
– What are our best practices for minimizing Application Portfolio Management project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the Application Portfolio Management project lifecycle?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Application Portfolio Management Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Active Server Pages External links:
How to Ping using Active Server Pages – …
Application software External links:
Title application software Free Download for Windows
Application store External links:
Allscripts Application Store
Cabinet External links:
Cabinet Doors Depot – Official Site
Cabinet Hardware, Knobs & Pulls – KnobDepot.com
Cabinet Door World – Official Site
Dynamic Link Library External links:
Walkthrough: Creating and Using a Dynamic Link Library …
http://msdn.microsoft.com › … › Building C/C++ Programs
Excel spreadsheet External links:
Excel Spreadsheet – Baycon Group
How to Put a Title on an Excel Spreadsheet | Chron.com
Excel Spreadsheet – Baycon Group
Financial portfolio External links:
Build A Financial Portfolio to Meet Your Financial Goals
Forrester Research External links:
Forrester Research and Studies – Blackbaud
Forrester Research, Inc. Common Stock (FORR) – NASDAQ.com
Forrester Research · Forrester
IT portfolio management External links:
IT Portfolio Management Conference – 10times
Information technology External links:
Umail | University Information Technology Services
OHIO: Office of Information Technology |About Email
Legacy system External links:
Legacy System – Spectrum—Payroll | TLM | HR | Benefits
Legacy System: INOmax DSIR
Legacy System Catalog – Implant Direct
Microsoft Excel External links:
Microsoft Excel Online – Work together on Excel spreadsheets
Where is AutoFit in Microsoft Excel 2007, 2010, 2013 and …
Free Microsoft Excel Online Practice Tests
Mobile application External links:
What is a Mobile Application? – Definition from …
The Home Depot Mobile Application
Mobile Application Development Tool – Salesforce.com
Return on Investment External links:
My Return on Investment – Capella University
4 Ways to Reward Employees and Gain a Return on Investment
Return on Investment (ROI) Calculator
Service-oriented architecture External links:
Service-Oriented Architecture Summary | Accenture
Messaging Patterns in Service-Oriented Architecture, …
Understanding Service-Oriented Architecture
Software component External links:
Web based itrezzo Self Service Update software component
What is a software component? | Software Architecture
Web service External links:
TeletracXMLGateway Web Service
Free BIN/IIN Lookup Web Service – binlist.net
MSU Police Web Service
Zip file External links:
Compress and uncompress files (zip files) – Windows Help