Save time, empower your teams and effectively upgrade your processes with access to this practical Digital Experience Platforms Toolkit and guide. Address common challenges with best-practice templates, step-by-step work plans and maturity diagnostics for any Digital Experience Platforms related project.
Download the Toolkit and in Three Steps you will be guided from idea to implementation results.
The Toolkit contains the following practical and powerful enablers with new and updated Digital Experience Platforms specific requirements:
STEP 1: Get your bearings
- The latest quick edition of the Digital Experience Platforms Self Assessment book in PDF containing 49 requirements to perform a quickscan, get an overview and share with stakeholders.
Organized in a data driven improvement cycle RDMAICS (Recognize, Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, Control and Sustain), check the…
- Example pre-filled Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard to get familiar with results generation
Then find your goals…
STEP 2: Set concrete goals, tasks, dates and numbers you can track
Featuring 884 new and updated case-based questions, organized into seven core areas of process design, this Self-Assessment will help you identify areas in which Digital Experience Platforms improvements can be made.
Examples; 10 of the 884 standard requirements:
- Who sets the Digital Experience Platforms standards?
- Do you have a vision statement?
- What is our Digital Experience Platforms Strategy?
- Does Digital Experience Platforms systematically track and analyze outcomes for accountability and quality improvement?
- Among our stronger employees, how many see themselves at the company in three years? How many would leave for a 10 percent raise from another company?
- How would our PR, marketing, and social media change if we did not use outside agencies?
- Can We Measure the Return on Analysis?
- How likely is it that a customer would recommend our company to a friend or colleague?
- Is the Digital Experience Platforms scope manageable?
- Do we effectively measure and reward individual and team performance?
Complete the self assessment, on your own or with a team in a workshop setting. Use the workbook together with the self assessment requirements spreadsheet:
- The workbook is the latest in-depth complete edition of the Digital Experience Platforms book in PDF containing 884 requirements, which criteria correspond to the criteria in…
Your Digital Experience Platforms self-assessment dashboard which gives you your dynamically prioritized projects-ready tool and shows your organization exactly what to do next:
- The Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard; with the Digital Experience Platforms Self-Assessment and Scorecard you will develop a clear picture of which Digital Experience Platforms areas need attention, which requirements you should focus on and who will be responsible for them:
- Shows your organization instant insight in areas for improvement: Auto generates reports, radar chart for maturity assessment, insights per process and participant and bespoke, ready to use, RACI Matrix
- Gives you a professional Dashboard to guide and perform a thorough Digital Experience Platforms Self-Assessment
- Is secure: Ensures offline data protection of your Self-Assessment results
- Dynamically prioritized projects-ready RACI Matrix shows your organization exactly what to do next:
STEP 3: Implement, Track, follow up and revise strategy
The outcomes of STEP 2, the self assessment, are the inputs for STEP 3; Start and manage Digital Experience Platforms projects with the 62 implementation resources:
- 62 step-by-step Digital Experience Platforms Project Management Form Templates covering over 6000 Digital Experience Platforms project requirements and success criteria:
Examples; 10 of the check box criteria:
- Quality Audit: How does your organization ensure that equipment is appropriately maintained and producing valid results?
- Human Resource Management Plan: Is there a requirements change management processes in place?
- Procurement Audit: When negotiation took place in successive stages, was this practice stated in the procurement documents and was it done in accordance with the award criteria stated?
- Schedule Management Plan: Are milestone deliverables effectively tracked and compared to Digital Experience Platforms project plan?
- Probability and Impact Assessment: Is the delay in one subDigital Experience Platforms project going to affect another?
- Stakeholder Management Plan: What potential impact does the Digital Experience Platforms project have on the stakeholder?
- Procurement Audit: Did the bidder comply with requests within the deadline set?
- Scope Management Plan: What if you dont have more detailed information on the report?
- Initiating Process Group: What input will I be required to provide the Digital Experience Platforms project team?
- Team Operating Agreement: Do you ask participants to close their laptops and place their mobile devices on silent on the table while the meeting is in progress?
Step-by-step and complete Digital Experience Platforms Project Management Forms and Templates including check box criteria and templates.
1.0 Initiating Process Group:
- 1.1 Digital Experience Platforms project Charter
- 1.2 Stakeholder Register
- 1.3 Stakeholder Analysis Matrix
2.0 Planning Process Group:
- 2.1 Digital Experience Platforms project Management Plan
- 2.2 Scope Management Plan
- 2.3 Requirements Management Plan
- 2.4 Requirements Documentation
- 2.5 Requirements Traceability Matrix
- 2.6 Digital Experience Platforms project Scope Statement
- 2.7 Assumption and Constraint Log
- 2.8 Work Breakdown Structure
- 2.9 WBS Dictionary
- 2.10 Schedule Management Plan
- 2.11 Activity List
- 2.12 Activity Attributes
- 2.13 Milestone List
- 2.14 Network Diagram
- 2.15 Activity Resource Requirements
- 2.16 Resource Breakdown Structure
- 2.17 Activity Duration Estimates
- 2.18 Duration Estimating Worksheet
- 2.19 Digital Experience Platforms project Schedule
- 2.20 Cost Management Plan
- 2.21 Activity Cost Estimates
- 2.22 Cost Estimating Worksheet
- 2.23 Cost Baseline
- 2.24 Quality Management Plan
- 2.25 Quality Metrics
- 2.26 Process Improvement Plan
- 2.27 Responsibility Assignment Matrix
- 2.28 Roles and Responsibilities
- 2.29 Human Resource Management Plan
- 2.30 Communications Management Plan
- 2.31 Risk Management Plan
- 2.32 Risk Register
- 2.33 Probability and Impact Assessment
- 2.34 Probability and Impact Matrix
- 2.35 Risk Data Sheet
- 2.36 Procurement Management Plan
- 2.37 Source Selection Criteria
- 2.38 Stakeholder Management Plan
- 2.39 Change Management Plan
3.0 Executing Process Group:
- 3.1 Team Member Status Report
- 3.2 Change Request
- 3.3 Change Log
- 3.4 Decision Log
- 3.5 Quality Audit
- 3.6 Team Directory
- 3.7 Team Operating Agreement
- 3.8 Team Performance Assessment
- 3.9 Team Member Performance Assessment
- 3.10 Issue Log
4.0 Monitoring and Controlling Process Group:
- 4.1 Digital Experience Platforms project Performance Report
- 4.2 Variance Analysis
- 4.3 Earned Value Status
- 4.4 Risk Audit
- 4.5 Contractor Status Report
- 4.6 Formal Acceptance
5.0 Closing Process Group:
- 5.1 Procurement Audit
- 5.2 Contract Close-Out
- 5.3 Digital Experience Platforms project or Phase Close-Out
- 5.4 Lessons Learned
With this Three Step process you will have all the tools you need for any Digital Experience Platforms project with this in-depth Digital Experience Platforms Toolkit.
In using the Toolkit you will be better able to:
- Diagnose Digital Experience Platforms projects, initiatives, organizations, businesses and processes using accepted diagnostic standards and practices
- Implement evidence-based best practice strategies aligned with overall goals
- Integrate recent advances in Digital Experience Platforms and put process design strategies into practice according to best practice guidelines
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a business challenge or meet a business objective is the most valuable role; In EVERY company, organization and department.
Unless you are talking a one-time, single-use project within a business, there should be a process. Whether that process is managed and implemented by humans, AI, or a combination of the two, it needs to be designed by someone with a complex enough perspective to ask the right questions. Someone capable of asking the right questions and step back and say, ‘What are we really trying to accomplish here? And is there a different way to look at it?’
This Toolkit empowers people to do just that – whether their title is entrepreneur, manager, consultant, (Vice-)President, CxO etc… – they are the people who rule the future. They are the person who asks the right questions to make Digital Experience Platforms investments work better.
This Digital Experience Platforms All-Inclusive Toolkit enables You to be that person:
Includes lifetime updates
Every self assessment comes with Lifetime Updates and Lifetime Free Updated Books. Lifetime Updates is an industry-first feature which allows you to receive verified self assessment updates, ensuring you always have the most accurate information at your fingertips.