What is involved in ISO 10012
Find out what the related areas are that ISO 10012 connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a ISO 10012 thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its ISO 10012 journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward ISO 10012 leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which ISO 10012 related domains to cover and 130 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
ISO 10012, Certification, Guidelines, ISO/IEC 17025, ISO 14001, ISO 9001, International Organization for Standardization, Laboratory, Metrology, Product, Quality management, Service, Standardization, Suppliers, Technical standard:
ISO 10012 Critical Criteria:
Reconstruct ISO 10012 goals and customize techniques for implementing ISO 10012 controls.
– Are calibration intervals for measuring and test equipment and measurement standards established to assure that M&TE will remain in tolerance throughout the calibration interval?
– Are the standards utilized of a sufficient accuracy level to attain a 4 to 1 test accuracy ratio for the characteristic being calibrated?
– Are personnel involved in calibrating M&TE trained to local calibration procedures and the appropriate higher level requirements?
– At what point does the CM function take control of the configuration from the design function?
– Is the CM system comprehensive enough for the product and/or contract flow down requirements?
– Identification and prevention of use of any equipment which does not perform satisfactorily?
– Are Acceptance Sampling and Statistical Process Control Complementary or Incompatible?
– Are customer-furnished tools, gauges and test equipment adequately controlled?
– Are these laboratories on an approved subcontractor list?
– Does the supplier use outside calibration laboratories?
– Definition of significant out-of-tolerance conditions?
– Are outside laboratories evaluated for acceptability?
– How does this apply to customer directed suppliers?
– How are the audits being documented?
– During -process happening properly?
– How can scope of approval be cited?
– From Green Starter to Green Star?
– Frequency of calibration?
– What was the reason?
– What is Quality?
Certification Critical Criteria:
Group Certification tasks and maintain Certification for success.
– What is the framework we use for general Cybersecurity certifications that integrate both knowledge and skill while predicting constraints of innate abilities on performance, and do we need specific certifications?
– Will we be eligible for ISOIEC 20000 certification, even if our Service Desk, infrastructure management and applications management functions are located in different countries?
– For any workstation or server entered, have you received a completed hopkins hosted application checklist (see appendix) or equivalent certification or documentation?
– How do codes of ethics, professional organizations, certification, and licensing affect the ethical behavior of professionals?
– If the service provider is eligible for certification, then what is the scope of the processes being audited?
– Regulatory compliance: Is the cloud vendor willing to undergo external audits and/or security certifications?
– Among the ISO 10012 product and service cost to be estimated, which is considered hardest to estimate?
– Does a supplier having an ISO 9001 or AS9100 certification automatically satisfy this requirement?
– Highlight policy violations to users during the context of certification campaigns?
– What has been done as regards standards and voluntary certification?
– What are the best it certifications for cloud security knowledge?
– Will we be eligible for ISOIEC 20000 certification?
– What are the usability implications of ISO 10012 actions?
– What is the scope of potential ISO 20000 certification?
– Will we be eligible for ISO/IEC 20000 certification?
– Will we be able to seek ISOIEC 20000 certification?
– What project management certifications do you hold?
– What is the scope of certification?
– What is ISO certification?
Guidelines Critical Criteria:
Adapt Guidelines goals and adopt an insight outlook.
– Describe the causes of return differences between portfolios managed in the strategy for different clients with similar guidelines and objectives. How much is attributable to individual portfolio Managers decisions?
– Has the organization established an enterprise-wide business continuity/disaster recovery program that is consistent with requirements, policy, and applicable guidelines?
– Has the organization established a security Configuration Management program that is consistent with requirements, policy, and applicable guidelines?
– Do suitable and sufficient policies as well as procedures which refer to standards or guidelines exist and are these applied (degree or realisation)?
– Do suitable and sufficient policies and procedures that refer to standards or guidelines exist (indication of existence of policies, Iex )?
– Do you have guidelines or a policy in place defining the parameters for employees working on files outside of the office?
– Are data maintained in accordance with international or national confidentiality guidelines?
– Do you have written guidelines for your use of social media and its use by your employees?
– How are standards or guidelines utilized by organizations in the implementation of these practices?
– Why is it important to have senior management support for a ISO 10012 project?
– What standards or guidelines have respondents customers required them to comply with?
– At this time, should the ntc issue rules and/or guidelines for voip?
– What is the framework for the Program Management guidelines?
– What does the IRS use for its depreciable basis guidelines?
– What are your guidelines for managing counter-party risk?
– What are the Program Management guidelines?
– How are the guidelines structured?
– Is there a useability guidelines document?
ISO/IEC 17025 Critical Criteria:
Transcribe ISO/IEC 17025 projects and innovate what needs to be done with ISO/IEC 17025.
– How do we Improve ISO 10012 service perception, and satisfaction?
– How do we maintain ISO 10012s Integrity?
– Are there ISO 10012 problems defined?
ISO 14001 Critical Criteria:
Concentrate on ISO 14001 outcomes and revise understanding of ISO 14001 architectures.
– To what extent does management recognize ISO 10012 as a tool to increase the results?
– Do you monitor the effectiveness of your ISO 10012 activities?
ISO 9001 Critical Criteria:
Mix ISO 9001 outcomes and modify and define the unique characteristics of interactive ISO 9001 projects.
– In the case of a ISO 10012 project, the criteria for the audit derive from implementation objectives. an audit of a ISO 10012 project involves assessing whether the recommendations outlined for implementation have been met. in other words, can we track that any ISO 10012 project is implemented as planned, and is it working?
– What other jobs or tasks affect the performance of the steps in the ISO 10012 process?
– Who needs to know about ISO 10012 ?
International Organization for Standardization Critical Criteria:
Differentiate International Organization for Standardization leadership and find out.
– How do you determine the key elements that affect ISO 10012 workforce satisfaction? how are these elements determined for different workforce groups and segments?
– For your ISO 10012 project, identify and describe the business environment. is there more than one layer to the business environment?
Laboratory Critical Criteria:
Explore Laboratory failures and modify and define the unique characteristics of interactive Laboratory projects.
– Think about the people you identified for your ISO 10012 project and the project responsibilities you would assign to them. what kind of training do you think they would need to perform these responsibilities effectively?
– Does ISO 10012 analysis isolate the fundamental causes of problems?
Metrology Critical Criteria:
Cut a stake in Metrology governance and correct Metrology management by competencies.
– What is the total cost related to deploying ISO 10012, including any consulting or professional services?
– Risk factors: what are the characteristics of ISO 10012 that make it risky?
– Is the scope of ISO 10012 defined?
Product Critical Criteria:
Paraphrase Product planning and spearhead techniques for implementing Product.
– Take a fad product and show how it could be maintained on the market past its fad stage. describe your strategies for doing so. how could the internet be used to aid your strategy?
– Is it prohibited to store the full contents of any track from the magnetic stripe (on the back of the card, in a chip, etc.) in the database, log files, or point-of-sale products?
– Do we keep track of who the leading providers of identity management products and services are, and what are their key offerings, differentiators and strategies?
– Given that you have several areas of strategic focus – markets, technologies or product types – what major initiatives must you undertake in order to be successful?
– Has the vendors policy or stance on re-validation of products when new releases of the product are issued been considered?
– If there is substantial risk for the supplier to develop new technologies, products, processes, or service support?
– How does one find resources for a good project when that is the only project being considered at the meeting?
– How well does the product fit with our own sales force and/or our distribution channels?
– Is the product compatible and interoperable with other PKI products/service providers?
– Is the promotion consistent with the product positioning and other marketing plans?
– When shipping a product, do you send tracking information to the customer?
– What is the progression of product/service orders for a typical customer?
– Do you collaborate with customers for product development andor innovation?
– Why would a customer be interested in a particular product or service?
– Does the lead portfolio manager meet regularly with clients?
– How well does the product fit our current customer base?
– What are the barriers to increased ISO 10012 production?
– How can we as an organization obtain new products?
– What products should the firm sell?
– What kind of product is it?
Quality management Critical Criteria:
Group Quality management failures and report on setting up Quality management without losing ground.
– Is the ISO 10012 organization completing tasks effectively and efficiently?
– What tools and technologies are needed for a custom ISO 10012 project?
– Do ISO 10012 rules make a reasonable demand on a users capabilities?
– What is the future of Data Quality management?
– Quality management -are clients satisfied?
Service Critical Criteria:
Design Service goals and explore and align the progress in Service.
– Does our vendor have an efficient, working partner network that can quickly deliver specialized services around the deployment and operation of the iga products?
– What is the proper regulatory classification for voip services (telecommunications or value-added)?
– Is there a minimum set of languages that need to be covered by translation services?
– What does each software asset cost now and throughout the upgrade/refresh cycles?
– How do we measure improved ISO 10012 service perception, and satisfaction?
– Is the cloud service providers service desk local, onshore or offshore?
– Who has a role in the IT security service life cycle?
– What metrics will be provided and are they relevant?
Standardization Critical Criteria:
Distinguish Standardization tactics and integrate design thinking in Standardization innovation.
– What are our best practices for minimizing ISO 10012 project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the ISO 10012 project lifecycle?
– Will new equipment/products be required to facilitate ISO 10012 delivery for example is new software needed?
Suppliers Critical Criteria:
Use past Suppliers issues and slay a dragon.
– Action plans and their relationship to your strategic objectives? what are the key planned changes, if any, in your products, your customers and markets, your suppliers and partners, and how you will operate?
– Are priorities and opportunities deployed to your suppliers, partners, and collaborators to ensure organizational alignment?
– What issues do you think will pose the greatest barriers to establishing appropriate relationships with our suppliers?
– Are information systems and the services of information systems things of value that have suppliers and customers?
– Are there many relatively undifferentiated suppliers providing what amounts to inter-changeable commodities?
– Would suppliers classify your organization as being one of their best or worse customers?
– Are there other suppliers worth investigating before committing to a strategic alliance?
– Do suppliers benefit from collaborative relationships with large retailers?
– How can this requirement be met without flowing it down to suppliers?
– What are the roles of suppliers and supply chain partners in CRM?
– Key customers and/or suppliers will be affected by the disaster?
– Key customers and/or suppliers been affected by the disaster?
– What are the short and long-term ISO 10012 goals?
– Is the suppliers process defined and controlled?
– Are some suppliers strategic to your business?
– Is the suppliers process defined and controlled?
Technical standard Critical Criteria:
Define Technical standard goals and look at the big picture.
– A compounding model resolution with available relevant data can often provide insight towards a solution methodology; which ISO 10012 models, tools and techniques are necessary?
– What knowledge, skills and characteristics mark a good ISO 10012 project manager?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the ISO 10012 Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Certification External links:
Free Printable Title Certification Form (PDF & WORD)
Numismatic Guaranty Corporation – Coin Certification …
Certification – Texas Land Title Association
Guidelines External links:
Preventive Care Plans & Guidelines – Anthem Inc.
Media Usage Guidelines | NASA
Effluent Guidelines | US EPA
ISO/IEC 17025 External links:
ISO/IEC 17025:2017 Lead Assessor Training | ASQ
Internal Auditing to ISO/IEC 17025:2017 | ASQ
ISO/IEC 17025 General requirements for the competence of testing and calibration laboratories is the main ISO standard used by testing and calibration laboratories. In most major countries, ISO/IEC 17025 is the standard for which most labs must hold accreditation in order to be deemed technically competent.
ISO 14001 External links:
[PDF]Summary of Requirements for ISO 14001:2004 – …
ISO 9001 External links:
Bevel Gear Co., LTD | ISO 9001 Precision Gear Manufacturer
ISO 9001/14001/27001/EU GDPR Online Training | Advisera
International Organization for Standardization External links:
ISO – International Organization for Standardization
ISO – International Organization for Standardization
ISO-International Organization for Standardization
Laboratory External links:
Laboratory Personnel License Search
Metrology External links:
Calibration Training Courses & Metrology Classes | by Fluke
Welcome to MSI-Viking Gage – Your Total Metrology Solution
InnovMetric Software | Your 3D Metrology Software Partner
Product External links:
The Melaleuca Product Store
Product return and recycling | HP® Official Site
CutePDF :: Product :: CutePDF Writer
Quality management External links:
abaqis® | Quality Management System
What Is a Quality Management System? | ASQ
Total Quality Management (TQM) – Encyclopedia – …
Service External links:
WYDOT Travel Information Service (Cheyenne)
BB&T Secure File Transmission Service
Standardization External links:
ISO – International Organization for Standardization
Title Standardization | Human Resource Blog
[PDF]The Army Driver and Operator Standardization …
Suppliers External links:
ARI PartnerConnect for Suppliers
Technical standard External links:
[PDF]FAA Order 8150.1D – Technical Standard Order Program