What is involved in synchronous communications
Find out what the related areas are that synchronous communications connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a synchronous communications thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its synchronous communications journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward synchronous communications leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which synchronous communications related domains to cover and 105 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
synchronous communications, Binary Synchronous Communications, Access methods, Asynchronous communication, Bit stuffing, Character stuffing, Check sum, Cyclic redundancy check, Digital Data Communications Message Protocol, Frame synchronization, Free On-line Dictionary of Computing, GNU Free Documentation License, Hamming distance, IBM 1130, IBM 270x, IBM 2780, IBM 2780/3780, IBM 2922, IBM 3270, IBM 3780, IBM System/370, International Business Machines, Internet Protocol, Link protocol, Longitudinal redundancy check, Mainframe computer, Mohawk Data Sciences, Negative-acknowledge character, Parity bit, Point-to-Point Protocol, Remote Job Entry, Sync word, Synchronous transmit-receive, Systems Network Architecture, Telecommunications Access Method, Teleprocessing monitor:
synchronous communications Critical Criteria:
Look at synchronous communications strategies and probe synchronous communications strategic alliances.
– How do you determine the key elements that affect synchronous communications workforce satisfaction? how are these elements determined for different workforce groups and segments?
– Which individuals, teams or departments will be involved in synchronous communications?
– Who needs to know about synchronous communications ?
Binary Synchronous Communications Critical Criteria:
Study Binary Synchronous Communications issues and develop and take control of the Binary Synchronous Communications initiative.
– Think about the kind of project structure that would be appropriate for your synchronous communications project. should it be formal and complex, or can it be less formal and relatively simple?
– Which customers cant participate in our synchronous communications domain because they lack skills, wealth, or convenient access to existing solutions?
– What are the Essentials of Internal synchronous communications Management?
Access methods Critical Criteria:
Debate over Access methods management and modify and define the unique characteristics of interactive Access methods projects.
– Have you identified your synchronous communications key performance indicators?
– What are the usability implications of synchronous communications actions?
– How do we maintain synchronous communicationss Integrity?
Asynchronous communication Critical Criteria:
Pilot Asynchronous communication projects and report on developing an effective Asynchronous communication strategy.
– Is maximizing synchronous communications protection the same as minimizing synchronous communications loss?
– Have all basic functions of synchronous communications been defined?
– Are we Assessing synchronous communications and Risk?
Bit stuffing Critical Criteria:
Co-operate on Bit stuffing management and work towards be a leading Bit stuffing expert.
– How do mission and objectives affect the synchronous communications processes of our organization?
– Have the types of risks that may impact synchronous communications been identified and analyzed?
– What are the barriers to increased synchronous communications production?
Character stuffing Critical Criteria:
Deliberate over Character stuffing management and inform on and uncover unspoken needs and breakthrough Character stuffing results.
– What knowledge, skills and characteristics mark a good synchronous communications project manager?
– Can Management personnel recognize the monetary benefit of synchronous communications?
– Is there any existing synchronous communications governance structure?
Check sum Critical Criteria:
Be clear about Check sum leadership and observe effective Check sum.
– What are our best practices for minimizing synchronous communications project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the synchronous communications project lifecycle?
– Among the synchronous communications product and service cost to be estimated, which is considered hardest to estimate?
– What threat is synchronous communications addressing?
Cyclic redundancy check Critical Criteria:
Merge Cyclic redundancy check management and optimize Cyclic redundancy check leadership as a key to advancement.
– Do those selected for the synchronous communications team have a good general understanding of what synchronous communications is all about?
– How is the value delivered by synchronous communications being measured?
– How to deal with synchronous communications Changes?
Digital Data Communications Message Protocol Critical Criteria:
Probe Digital Data Communications Message Protocol leadership and modify and define the unique characteristics of interactive Digital Data Communications Message Protocol projects.
– What are internal and external synchronous communications relations?
– What will drive synchronous communications change?
– How do we Lead with synchronous communications in Mind?
Frame synchronization Critical Criteria:
Audit Frame synchronization issues and probe Frame synchronization strategic alliances.
– Does the synchronous communications task fit the clients priorities?
Free On-line Dictionary of Computing Critical Criteria:
Steer Free On-line Dictionary of Computing adoptions and visualize why should people listen to you regarding Free On-line Dictionary of Computing.
– Where do ideas that reach policy makers and planners as proposals for synchronous communications strengthening and reform actually originate?
– What tools do you use once you have decided on a synchronous communications strategy and more importantly how do you choose?
GNU Free Documentation License Critical Criteria:
Apply GNU Free Documentation License planning and budget the knowledge transfer for any interested in GNU Free Documentation License.
– What are your key performance measures or indicators and in-process measures for the control and improvement of your synchronous communications processes?
– Is Supporting synchronous communications documentation required?
Hamming distance Critical Criteria:
Sort Hamming distance outcomes and adjust implementation of Hamming distance.
– What other organizational variables, such as reward systems or communication systems, affect the performance of this synchronous communications process?
– Why is synchronous communications important for you now?
IBM 1130 Critical Criteria:
Guide IBM 1130 adoptions and create a map for yourself.
– What other jobs or tasks affect the performance of the steps in the synchronous communications process?
– How will you measure your synchronous communications effectiveness?
IBM 270x Critical Criteria:
Give examples of IBM 270x planning and secure IBM 270x creativity.
– How can we incorporate support to ensure safe and effective use of synchronous communications into the services that we provide?
IBM 2780 Critical Criteria:
Consider IBM 2780 risks and change contexts.
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a synchronous communications process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the synchronous communications process available?
– Is the synchronous communications organization completing tasks effectively and efficiently?
– Will synchronous communications deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
IBM 2780/3780 Critical Criteria:
Recall IBM 2780/3780 adoptions and adopt an insight outlook.
– Who is responsible for ensuring appropriate resources (time, people and money) are allocated to synchronous communications?
– What are your most important goals for the strategic synchronous communications objectives?
– Is synchronous communications Realistic, or are you setting yourself up for failure?
IBM 2922 Critical Criteria:
Match IBM 2922 goals and interpret which customers can’t participate in IBM 2922 because they lack skills.
– Does synchronous communications systematically track and analyze outcomes for accountability and quality improvement?
– How likely is the current synchronous communications plan to come in on schedule or on budget?
IBM 3270 Critical Criteria:
Reorganize IBM 3270 tactics and check on ways to get started with IBM 3270.
– Will new equipment/products be required to facilitate synchronous communications delivery for example is new software needed?
IBM 3780 Critical Criteria:
Think carefully about IBM 3780 issues and point out IBM 3780 tensions in leadership.
– What will be the consequences to the business (financial, reputation etc) if synchronous communications does not go ahead or fails to deliver the objectives?
– What may be the consequences for the performance of an organization if all stakeholders are not consulted regarding synchronous communications?
– How important is synchronous communications to the user organizations mission?
IBM System/370 Critical Criteria:
Focus on IBM System/370 risks and look for lots of ideas.
– What business benefits will synchronous communications goals deliver if achieved?
International Business Machines Critical Criteria:
Deduce International Business Machines tactics and devise International Business Machines key steps.
– What is the source of the strategies for synchronous communications strengthening and reform?
– Do you monitor the effectiveness of your synchronous communications activities?
Internet Protocol Critical Criteria:
Familiarize yourself with Internet Protocol results and create Internet Protocol explanations for all managers.
– Who will be responsible for deciding whether synchronous communications goes ahead or not after the initial investigations?
– Is Internet Protocol security (IPSec) support available?
Link protocol Critical Criteria:
Have a session on Link protocol quality and point out Link protocol tensions in leadership.
– Think about the people you identified for your synchronous communications project and the project responsibilities you would assign to them. what kind of training do you think they would need to perform these responsibilities effectively?
– What sources do you use to gather information for a synchronous communications study?
Longitudinal redundancy check Critical Criteria:
Deliberate over Longitudinal redundancy check tactics and learn.
– How can skill-level changes improve synchronous communications?
Mainframe computer Critical Criteria:
Rank Mainframe computer failures and revise understanding of Mainframe computer architectures.
– Does synchronous communications create potential expectations in other areas that need to be recognized and considered?
– Are there any disadvantages to implementing synchronous communications? There might be some that are less obvious?
– When a synchronous communications manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
Mohawk Data Sciences Critical Criteria:
Group Mohawk Data Sciences visions and optimize Mohawk Data Sciences leadership as a key to advancement.
– How do we ensure that implementations of synchronous communications products are done in a way that ensures safety?
Negative-acknowledge character Critical Criteria:
Pilot Negative-acknowledge character planning and question.
– At what point will vulnerability assessments be performed once synchronous communications is put into production (e.g., ongoing Risk Management after implementation)?
– How do we know that any synchronous communications analysis is complete and comprehensive?
Parity bit Critical Criteria:
Accommodate Parity bit outcomes and devote time assessing Parity bit and its risk.
– What is the total cost related to deploying synchronous communications, including any consulting or professional services?
Point-to-Point Protocol Critical Criteria:
Graph Point-to-Point Protocol decisions and devote time assessing Point-to-Point Protocol and its risk.
Remote Job Entry Critical Criteria:
See the value of Remote Job Entry goals and point out Remote Job Entry tensions in leadership.
– How to Secure synchronous communications?
Sync word Critical Criteria:
Differentiate Sync word adoptions and get going.
– Can we add value to the current synchronous communications decision-making process (largely qualitative) by incorporating uncertainty modeling (more quantitative)?
– In what ways are synchronous communications vendors and us interacting to ensure safe and effective use?
Synchronous transmit-receive Critical Criteria:
Merge Synchronous transmit-receive issues and get going.
– Do the synchronous communications decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
Systems Network Architecture Critical Criteria:
Look at Systems Network Architecture management and gather Systems Network Architecture models .
– Think about the functions involved in your synchronous communications project. what processes flow from these functions?
– What is our formula for success in synchronous communications ?
Telecommunications Access Method Critical Criteria:
Test Telecommunications Access Method adoptions and observe effective Telecommunications Access Method.
– For your synchronous communications project, identify and describe the business environment. is there more than one layer to the business environment?
– How does the organization define, manage, and improve its synchronous communications processes?
Teleprocessing monitor Critical Criteria:
Be responsible for Teleprocessing monitor governance and summarize a clear Teleprocessing monitor focus.
– Why is it important to have senior management support for a synchronous communications project?
– How do we Improve synchronous communications service perception, and satisfaction?
– Does synchronous communications appropriately measure and monitor risk?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the synchronous communications Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
synchronous communications External links:
synchronous communications – Gartner IT Glossary
Binary Synchronous Communications External links:
Binary Synchronous Communications
http://Binary Synchronous Communication (BSC or Bisync) is an IBM character-oriented, half-duplex link protocol, announced in 1967 after the introduction of System/360. It replaced the synchronous transmit-receive (STR) protocol used with second generation computers. The intent was that common link management rules could be used with three different character encodings for messages.
Access methods External links:
Remote mail access methods | CH2M
Software Access Methods – Northeastern ITS
Netbriefings System Checkout for the Different Access Methods
Asynchronous communication External links:
Synchronous vs. Asynchronous Communication – YouTube
Synchronous and Asynchronous Communication Tools …
Bit stuffing External links:
TY – CHAP. T1 – Practical binary ‘bit stuffing’ method for multiplierless arithmetic encoders. AU – Sada,Gilberto I. AU – Usevitch,Bryan. PY – 1999/12/1
http://Update bit stuffing.java · VineetVemula/Computer …
Byte and Bit Stuffing – YouTube
What is Bit stuffing? – Quora
Character stuffing External links:
Character stuffing !! – GATE Overflow
Character Stuffing | Computer Network | Bit
Character Stuffing Guide – Scribd
Cyclic redundancy check External links:
CSRC – Glossary – Cyclic Redundancy Check
KB1197: Data error (cyclic redundancy check)
Cyclic Redundancy Check(CRC) example – YouTube
Digital Data Communications Message Protocol External links:
[PDF]Digital Data Communications Message Protocol …
DDCMP – Digital Data Communications Message Protocol
Digital Data Communications Message Protocol – …
Frame synchronization External links:
Frame Synchronization in PCM Telemetry – The …
Frame synchronization methods based on channel …
Frame synchronization in a digital communications …
Free On-line Dictionary of Computing External links:
Free On-line Dictionary of Computing – WOW.com
FOLDOC: Free On-Line Dictionary of Computing – …
FOLDOC (Free On-line Dictionary of Computing) more info
GNU Free Documentation License External links:
GNU Free Documentation License – Meta
GNU Free Documentation License (GFDL) – Open …
CiteSeerX — entitled “GNU Free Documentation License”.
Hamming distance External links:
ERIC – Performance Investigation of Hamming Distance …
Hamming Distance – LeetCode
Total Hamming Distance – LeetCode
IBM 2780 External links:
IBM 2780 39J5057 42R8305 Charged PCI-X Quad Channel …
http://www.ebay.com › … › Server Components › Disk Controllers/RAID Cards
IBM 3270 External links:
Ibm 3270 – FREE download Ibm 3270
IBM System/370 External links:
IBM System/370 DOS/VS | 102646175 | Computer History …
IBM System/370 Model 158 | 102646258 | Computer History …
http://The IBM System/370 (S/370) was a model range of IBM mainframes announced on June 30, 1970 as the successors to the System/360 family. The series mostly maintained backward compatibility with the S/360, allowing an easy migration path for customers; this, plus improved performance, were the dominant themes of the product announcement.
International Business Machines External links:
International Business Machines Corporation Common …
International Business Machines Corp.: NYSE:IBM …
International Business Machines Corporation – IBM – …
Internet Protocol External links:
AMQP is the Internet Protocol for Business Messaging
IPv6: Internet Protocol Version 6 – AT&T Support
VoIP Calling | How Voice Over Internet Protocol Works
Link protocol External links:
[PDF]Simple Link Protocol (SLP) – IEEE
[PDF]Sensor Link Protocol: A Common Digital Information …
[PDF]Data Link Protocols – cs.virginia.edu
Longitudinal redundancy check External links:
How can I calculate Longitudinal Redundancy Check (LRC)?
LRC (longitudinal redundancy check) – Gartner IT Glossary
C# Calculate LRC (Longitudinal Redundancy Check)
Mainframe computer External links:
Mainframe Computer Operator Jobs, Employment | Indeed.com
What is the name of the first mainframe computer? A) BOB …
Mohawk Data Sciences External links:
Mohawk Data Sciences Corp – ASAP NSN Parts
MOHAWK DATA SCIENCES CORP. – Bizapedia.com
MOHAWK DATA SCIENCES CORPORATION PENSION PLAN …
Parity bit External links:
ARCHIVED: What is a parity bit? – Indiana University
Parity Bit Systems | Your start-ups consultant CTO
What does the parity bit do in RAID? – ComputerWeekly.com
Point-to-Point Protocol External links:
How to Install a Point-to-Point Protocol in Windows
IPv6 over Point-to-Point Protocol (PPP)
Point-to-Point Protocol (PPP) – Cisco
Remote Job Entry External links:
Using the Remote Job Entry System | OpenSky Repository
Sync word External links:
http://Word sync is a technique for synchronizing digital audio signals between high-end professional devices such as CD players, audio I/O cards etc. It allows all the components in the signal path to process the data and remain synchronized with each other.
Systems Network Architecture External links:
What is Systems Network Architecture (SNA)? …
IBM Systems Network Architecture – technet.microsoft.com