What is involved in ZigBee
Find out what the related areas are that ZigBee connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a ZigBee thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its ZigBee journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward ZigBee leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which ZigBee related domains to cover and 140 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
ZigBee, GreenTech Advocates, Unified Diagnostic Services, Waggle dance, Foundation Fieldbus H1, Associativity-based Routing, Carrier Sense Multiple Access, Tree network, Comparison of 802.15.4 radio modules, Wireless sensor networks, Higher Speed Ethernet, Daintree Networks, Application software, Ad hoc network, Wireless ad hoc networks, Home automation, Direct-sequence spread spectrum, Bluetooth Low Energy, GNU General Public Licence, Very Simple Control Protocol, Wireless sensor network, Academic journal, Dynamic Source Routing, Digital radio, Avionics Full-Duplex Switched Ethernet, Direct addressing, Network layer, License compatibility, Conference on Embedded Networked Sensor Systems, Data link layer, Sensor network queries processor, Free software, Wireless light switch, Power-system automation, IEC 61850, Wireless personal area network, Vehicle bus, International Conference on Information Processing in Sensor Networks, HostLink Protocol, Software license, Line-of-sight propagation, Protocol layering, Internet Protocol, Binary phase-shift keying, Home energy monitor, Personal area network, Sensor web, SAE J1708, Symmetric-key algorithm, Digital circuit, SAE J1587:
ZigBee Critical Criteria:
Extrapolate ZigBee decisions and stake your claim.
– To what extent does management recognize ZigBee as a tool to increase the results?
– What is the purpose of ZigBee in relation to the mission?
– Why should we adopt a ZigBee framework?
GreenTech Advocates Critical Criteria:
Systematize GreenTech Advocates issues and catalog what business benefits will GreenTech Advocates goals deliver if achieved.
– What are the disruptive ZigBee technologies that enable our organization to radically change our business processes?
– Think about the functions involved in your ZigBee project. what processes flow from these functions?
– What business benefits will ZigBee goals deliver if achieved?
Unified Diagnostic Services Critical Criteria:
Boost Unified Diagnostic Services quality and secure Unified Diagnostic Services creativity.
– Does ZigBee systematically track and analyze outcomes for accountability and quality improvement?
– Is there a ZigBee Communication plan covering who needs to get what information when?
– How likely is the current ZigBee plan to come in on schedule or on budget?
Waggle dance Critical Criteria:
Infer Waggle dance goals and look for lots of ideas.
– Meeting the challenge: are missed ZigBee opportunities costing us money?
– Are we making progress? and are we making progress as ZigBee leaders?
– Is ZigBee Realistic, or are you setting yourself up for failure?
Foundation Fieldbus H1 Critical Criteria:
Confer over Foundation Fieldbus H1 outcomes and customize techniques for implementing Foundation Fieldbus H1 controls.
– What are the business goals ZigBee is aiming to achieve?
– What is our formula for success in ZigBee ?
– What are current ZigBee Paradigms?
Associativity-based Routing Critical Criteria:
Grade Associativity-based Routing issues and look in other fields.
– Can we add value to the current ZigBee decision-making process (largely qualitative) by incorporating uncertainty modeling (more quantitative)?
– What are your most important goals for the strategic ZigBee objectives?
– How much does ZigBee help?
Carrier Sense Multiple Access Critical Criteria:
Have a round table over Carrier Sense Multiple Access tasks and learn.
– Think about the kind of project structure that would be appropriate for your ZigBee project. should it be formal and complex, or can it be less formal and relatively simple?
– How can we improve ZigBee?
Tree network Critical Criteria:
Conceptualize Tree network governance and devise Tree network key steps.
– Who are the people involved in developing and implementing ZigBee?
Comparison of 802.15.4 radio modules Critical Criteria:
Analyze Comparison of 802.15.4 radio modules strategies and document what potential Comparison of 802.15.4 radio modules megatrends could make our business model obsolete.
– What are our needs in relation to ZigBee skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
– How do we go about Securing ZigBee?
– Are there ZigBee Models?
Wireless sensor networks Critical Criteria:
Rank Wireless sensor networks governance and look at the big picture.
– Are there any easy-to-implement alternatives to ZigBee? Sometimes other solutions are available that do not require the cost implications of a full-blown project?
– What are the key elements of your ZigBee performance improvement system, including your evaluation, organizational learning, and innovation processes?
– Are there any disadvantages to implementing ZigBee? There might be some that are less obvious?
Higher Speed Ethernet Critical Criteria:
Gauge Higher Speed Ethernet risks and change contexts.
– Does ZigBee analysis show the relationships among important ZigBee factors?
– What are internal and external ZigBee relations?
– What about ZigBee Analysis of results?
Daintree Networks Critical Criteria:
Think carefully about Daintree Networks adoptions and oversee Daintree Networks management by competencies.
– What role does communication play in the success or failure of a ZigBee project?
– Is maximizing ZigBee protection the same as minimizing ZigBee loss?
– Which individuals, teams or departments will be involved in ZigBee?
Application software Critical Criteria:
Weigh in on Application software management and get out your magnifying glass.
– Where do ideas that reach policy makers and planners as proposals for ZigBee strengthening and reform actually originate?
– How do you manage the new access devices using their own new application software?
– What new services of functionality will be implemented next with ZigBee ?
– Is the process effectively supported by the legacy application software?
Ad hoc network Critical Criteria:
Infer Ad hoc network planning and probe using an integrated framework to make sure Ad hoc network is getting what it needs.
– How do senior leaders actions reflect a commitment to the organizations ZigBee values?
– Do we monitor the ZigBee decisions made and fine tune them as they evolve?
– Does the ZigBee task fit the clients priorities?
Wireless ad hoc networks Critical Criteria:
Have a session on Wireless ad hoc networks decisions and tour deciding if Wireless ad hoc networks progress is made.
– Is the ZigBee organization completing tasks effectively and efficiently?
– How would one define ZigBee leadership?
– How do we Lead with ZigBee in Mind?
Home automation Critical Criteria:
Inquire about Home automation tactics and intervene in Home automation processes and leadership.
– For your ZigBee project, identify and describe the business environment. is there more than one layer to the business environment?
– How do we manage ZigBee Knowledge Management (KM)?
Direct-sequence spread spectrum Critical Criteria:
See the value of Direct-sequence spread spectrum decisions and simulate teachings and consultations on quality process improvement of Direct-sequence spread spectrum.
– A compounding model resolution with available relevant data can often provide insight towards a solution methodology; which ZigBee models, tools and techniques are necessary?
– What are the Key enablers to make this ZigBee move?
Bluetooth Low Energy Critical Criteria:
Investigate Bluetooth Low Energy engagements and transcribe Bluetooth Low Energy as tomorrows backbone for success.
– Will new equipment/products be required to facilitate ZigBee delivery for example is new software needed?
– In what ways are ZigBee vendors and us interacting to ensure safe and effective use?
GNU General Public Licence Critical Criteria:
Incorporate GNU General Public Licence planning and inform on and uncover unspoken needs and breakthrough GNU General Public Licence results.
– Have you identified your ZigBee key performance indicators?
– How do we Identify specific ZigBee investment and emerging trends?
Very Simple Control Protocol Critical Criteria:
See the value of Very Simple Control Protocol management and arbitrate Very Simple Control Protocol techniques that enhance teamwork and productivity.
Wireless sensor network Critical Criteria:
Match Wireless sensor network visions and track iterative Wireless sensor network results.
– How do we make it meaningful in connecting ZigBee with what users do day-to-day?
– Does our wireless sensor network scale?
Academic journal Critical Criteria:
Face Academic journal planning and explore and align the progress in Academic journal.
– What may be the consequences for the performance of an organization if all stakeholders are not consulted regarding ZigBee?
– What prevents me from making the changes I know will make me a more effective ZigBee leader?
– How is the value delivered by ZigBee being measured?
Dynamic Source Routing Critical Criteria:
Adapt Dynamic Source Routing results and point out improvements in Dynamic Source Routing.
– Is ZigBee dependent on the successful delivery of a current project?
– Do you monitor the effectiveness of your ZigBee activities?
– Do ZigBee rules make a reasonable demand on a users capabilities?
Digital radio Critical Criteria:
Probe Digital radio visions and improve Digital radio service perception.
– What knowledge, skills and characteristics mark a good ZigBee project manager?
Avionics Full-Duplex Switched Ethernet Critical Criteria:
Think carefully about Avionics Full-Duplex Switched Ethernet visions and describe which business rules are needed as Avionics Full-Duplex Switched Ethernet interface.
– What are your key performance measures or indicators and in-process measures for the control and improvement of your ZigBee processes?
– How can you negotiate ZigBee successfully with a stubborn boss, an irate client, or a deceitful coworker?
– What vendors make products that address the ZigBee needs?
Direct addressing Critical Criteria:
Consolidate Direct addressing engagements and develop and take control of the Direct addressing initiative.
– How do we go about Comparing ZigBee approaches/solutions?
– What will drive ZigBee change?
– Is a ZigBee Team Work effort in place?
Network layer Critical Criteria:
Boost Network layer results and prioritize challenges of Network layer.
– What is Data Security at Network Layer?
– Why is ZigBee important for you now?
License compatibility Critical Criteria:
Value License compatibility decisions and plan concise License compatibility education.
– How do we maintain ZigBees Integrity?
Conference on Embedded Networked Sensor Systems Critical Criteria:
Reorganize Conference on Embedded Networked Sensor Systems projects and budget the knowledge transfer for any interested in Conference on Embedded Networked Sensor Systems.
– Consider your own ZigBee project. what types of organizational problems do you think might be causing or affecting your problem, based on the work done so far?
– What is our ZigBee Strategy?
Data link layer Critical Criteria:
Powwow over Data link layer issues and probe Data link layer strategic alliances.
– How do you incorporate cycle time, productivity, cost control, and other efficiency and effectiveness factors into these ZigBee processes?
– Does our organization need more ZigBee education?
Sensor network queries processor Critical Criteria:
Be clear about Sensor network queries processor strategies and find out.
– Which ZigBee goals are the most important?
Free software Critical Criteria:
Discourse Free software projects and ask questions.
– How do we ensure that implementations of ZigBee products are done in a way that ensures safety?
– How can the value of ZigBee be defined?
Wireless light switch Critical Criteria:
Grasp Wireless light switch engagements and sort Wireless light switch activities.
Power-system automation Critical Criteria:
Brainstorm over Power-system automation tactics and balance specific methods for improving Power-system automation results.
– How do mission and objectives affect the ZigBee processes of our organization?
IEC 61850 Critical Criteria:
Dissect IEC 61850 decisions and find answers.
– What is the total cost related to deploying ZigBee, including any consulting or professional services?
– When a ZigBee manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
Wireless personal area network Critical Criteria:
Be clear about Wireless personal area network strategies and explain and analyze the challenges of Wireless personal area network.
– What will be the consequences to the business (financial, reputation etc) if ZigBee does not go ahead or fails to deliver the objectives?
– Think of your ZigBee project. what are the main functions?
Vehicle bus Critical Criteria:
Inquire about Vehicle bus outcomes and look in other fields.
International Conference on Information Processing in Sensor Networks Critical Criteria:
Deliberate International Conference on Information Processing in Sensor Networks issues and revise understanding of International Conference on Information Processing in Sensor Networks architectures.
– Which customers cant participate in our ZigBee domain because they lack skills, wealth, or convenient access to existing solutions?
– What are the record-keeping requirements of ZigBee activities?
HostLink Protocol Critical Criteria:
Transcribe HostLink Protocol visions and tour deciding if HostLink Protocol progress is made.
– How do you determine the key elements that affect ZigBee workforce satisfaction? how are these elements determined for different workforce groups and segments?
– Who is responsible for ensuring appropriate resources (time, people and money) are allocated to ZigBee?
– Who is the main stakeholder, with ultimate responsibility for driving ZigBee forward?
Software license Critical Criteria:
Categorize Software license quality and look at the big picture.
– What implementation technologies/resources (e.g., programming languages, development platforms, software licenses) does the provider support?
– Is our software usage in compliance with software license agreements?
– How to deal with ZigBee Changes?
Line-of-sight propagation Critical Criteria:
Contribute to Line-of-sight propagation management and define what do we need to start doing with Line-of-sight propagation.
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about ZigBee. How do we gain traction?
– How important is ZigBee to the user organizations mission?
– Are accountability and ownership for ZigBee clearly defined?
Protocol layering Critical Criteria:
Scan Protocol layering projects and interpret which customers can’t participate in Protocol layering because they lack skills.
Internet Protocol Critical Criteria:
Depict Internet Protocol quality and shift your focus.
– Is Internet Protocol security (IPSec) support available?
– How will you measure your ZigBee effectiveness?
– How do we keep improving ZigBee?
Binary phase-shift keying Critical Criteria:
Derive from Binary phase-shift keying management and work towards be a leading Binary phase-shift keying expert.
– What other jobs or tasks affect the performance of the steps in the ZigBee process?
Home energy monitor Critical Criteria:
Use past Home energy monitor planning and gather practices for scaling Home energy monitor.
Personal area network Critical Criteria:
Drive Personal area network tasks and budget the knowledge transfer for any interested in Personal area network.
Sensor web Critical Criteria:
Distinguish Sensor web governance and forecast involvement of future Sensor web projects in development.
– Will ZigBee have an impact on current business continuity, disaster recovery processes and/or infrastructure?
SAE J1708 Critical Criteria:
Air ideas re SAE J1708 leadership and test out new things.
– Do those selected for the ZigBee team have a good general understanding of what ZigBee is all about?
Symmetric-key algorithm Critical Criteria:
Experiment with Symmetric-key algorithm issues and raise human resource and employment practices for Symmetric-key algorithm.
– What is Effective ZigBee?
Digital circuit Critical Criteria:
Detail Digital circuit issues and overcome Digital circuit skills and management ineffectiveness.
– What tools do you use once you have decided on a ZigBee strategy and more importantly how do you choose?
SAE J1587 Critical Criteria:
Chat re SAE J1587 decisions and get the big picture.
– What are the long-term ZigBee goals?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the ZigBee Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
ZigBee External links:
LX Group examines Zigbee Home Automation
zigbee | Zigbee Alliance
Zigbee & Xbee – Wireless Australia – Core Electronics
GreenTech Advocates External links:
GreenTech Advocates – Home | Facebook
Unified Diagnostic Services External links:
Unified Diagnostic Services – Revolvy
update.revolvy.com/topic/Unified Diagnostic Services
Road vehicles— Unified diagnostic services (UDS)
Waggle dance External links:
Unique experience gifts and parties for kids – Waggle Dance
Waggle Dance Honey Company Products | Farmhouse Direct
Waggle Dance Honey Company
Foundation Fieldbus H1 External links:
FOUNDATION Fieldbus H1 – Industry Mall – Siemens Sweden
ABB CI852K01 Foundation Fieldbus H1 I. Kit
FOUNDATION Fieldbus H1 Cable Wiring – How To – YouTube
Associativity-based Routing External links:
ABR – Associativity-Based Routing | AcronymFinder
“Associativity-Based Routing” on Revolvy.com
Associativity-Based Routing forAd-HocMobile Networks
Carrier Sense Multiple Access External links:
Carrier Sense Multiple Access (CSMA) – SlideShare
Carrier Sense Multiple Access/Collision Detection (CSMA/CD)
Carrier Sense Multiple Access Collision Avoidance (CSMA/CA)
Tree network External links:
Victoria Park Urban Tree Network | News
Homepage – Oak Tree Network
Victoria Park Urban Tree Network
Comparison of 802.15.4 radio modules External links:
Comparison of 802.15.4 radio modules – WOW.com
About: Comparison of 802.15.4 radio modules – DBpedia
Comparison of 802.15.4 radio modules – 21pw.com
Wireless sensor networks External links:
Soil Moisture Monitoring with Wireless Sensor Networks
Energy Management in Wireless Sensor Networks – ScienceDirect
Wireless Sensor Networks – AbeBooks
Higher Speed Ethernet External links:
IEEE 802.3 Industry Connections Higher Speed Ethernet Ad Hoc
End User Perspective on Higher Speed Ethernet – nanog.org
Ixia Powers Higher Speed Ethernet at SC10 – yahoo.com
Daintree Networks External links:
Daintree Networks – News, Features, and Slideshows – CIO
Daintree Networks – Home | Facebook
Application software External links:
Grant Application Software | Submittable
Application Software Services – Gartner IT Glossary
Eligibility – WA NILS – Loan Application Software
Ad hoc network External links:
IJASUC | Wireless Ad Hoc Network | Mobile Computing
Thesis | Wireless Ad Hoc Network | Computer Network
What is an Ad Hoc Network? – Definition from Techopedia
Wireless ad hoc networks External links:
Scalable Max-Min Fairness in Wireless Ad Hoc Networks
Home automation External links:
Limitless Automation – Home Automation Perth
Somfy – Home Automation
Smart Homes Sydney | Home Automation Sydney
Bluetooth Low Energy External links:
Collin’s Lab – Bluetooth Low Energy – YouTube
Bluetooth Low Energy Integration | Link Labs
Bluetooth Low Energy software expansion for STM32Cube
GNU General Public Licence External links:
Превод на български на GNU General Public Licence version 2
GNU general public licence – český překlad
Very Simple Control Protocol External links:
vscp (Very Simple Control Protocol) · GitHub
Very Simple Control Protocol – broom03.revolvy.com
broom03.revolvy.com/topic/Very Simple Control Protocol&item_type=topic
Very Simple Control Protocol & Friends – Freecode
Wireless sensor network External links:
Wireless Sensor Networks | OER Commons
Wireless sensor network with Motetino R3 | SpringAmp
DC9000 SmartMesh IP Wireless Sensor Network Starter Kit
Academic journal External links:
JJQ | Academic Journal Blog
Gallery — Academic Journal – Overleaf
LEO « The official academic journal of St. Mark’s School
Dynamic Source Routing External links:
Dynamic Source Routing (DSR) Protocol
DSR abbreviation stands for Dynamic Source Routing
Bryan’s NS-2 Dynamic Source Routing FAQ
Digital radio External links:
Digital Radio | ABC Shop
Remember to rescan your DAB+ Digital Radio – Hit Network
Sangean Dpr34 Digital Radio FM DAB | eBay
www.ebay.com.au › … › Portable AM/FM Radios
Avionics Full-Duplex Switched Ethernet External links:
AVIONICS FULL-DUPLEX SWITCHED ETHERNET NETWORK
Avionics Full-Duplex Switched Ethernet – Mirabilis Design Inc.
Direct addressing External links:
Direct Addressing definitions – Defined Term
PSEUDO-DIRECT ADDRESSING | KNOWLEDGE for ALL
Direct addressing mode – YouTube
Network layer External links:
OSI Network Layer – YouTube
Network Layer – Relay Docs – GitHub Pages
What is the Network Layer? – Definition from Techopedia
License compatibility External links:
ArcGIS 10.2.1 for Server Data License Compatibility Patch
Conference on Embedded Networked Sensor Systems External links:
The ACM Conference on Embedded Networked Sensor Systems
Conference on Embedded Networked Sensor Systems – WOW.com
ACM Conference on Embedded Networked Sensor Systems
Data link layer External links:
Data Link Layer – Chipps
www.chipps.com/1/Data Link Layer.pptx
Data Link Layer – Academics | WPI
LLC Layer (Logical Link Control): Data Link Layer Of OSI Model
Free software External links:
Binadox – Free Software Program Audit Software Licensing Tools
S4S Free Software World
Wireless light switch External links:
Wireless Light Switch For Your Smart Home
How to Install a Wireless Light Switch – YouTube
Wireless Light Switch 110V | eBay
IEC 61850 External links:
Overview of IEC 61850 and Benefits
IEC 61850 Merging Units – GE Grid Solutions
FAST – What is IEC 61850
www.fastengineering.com.au/single_post.php?id=What is IEC 61850
Wireless personal area network External links:
wireless personal area network – YouTube
High rate wireless personal area network. – DR-NTU HOME
What is wireless personal area network? Webopedia Definition
Vehicle bus External links:
The Operation of Electric Vehicle Bus K9 – YouTube
MVB – Multifunction Vehicle Bus for train by duagon® AG
C101 | Vehicle Bus Adapter | Ulbotech
Software license External links:
Software License Compliance Solutions by ITCA
Microsoft Software License Terms
SOFTWARE LICENSE AGREEMENT – Cisco
Line-of-sight propagation External links:
Line-of-sight propagation – Revolvy
Near-Field Corrections to Line-of-Sight Propagation
Protocol layering External links:
Protocol Layering | Osi Model | Internet Protocol Suite
Computer Network Protocol Layering | Philippe Janson
Internet Protocol External links:
What is IPTV, Internet Protocol Television? | Exterity
VoIP (Voice over Internet Protocol) Definition – The Balance
Internet Protocol – IPv4 vs IPv6 as Fast As Possible – YouTube
Binary phase-shift keying External links:
Binary Phase-Shift Keying Modulation and Demodulation_
Home energy monitor External links:
The Sense Home Energy Monitor
Efergy Elite Home Energy Monitor – YouTube
Personal area network External links:
Personal Area Network | Official Apple Support Communities
What is PAN – Personal Area Network? Webopedia Definition
Guide to a Personal Area Network (PAN) – Lifewire
Sensor web External links:
How to use ESP8266 ESP-01 as a SENSOR web client
Service Oriented Sensor Web – University of Melbourne
CILab: Sensor Web: Smart Satellites – Visualization
SAE J1708 External links:
SAE J1708 – Infogalactic: the planetary knowledge core
e-Stroke SAE J1708 / J1939 Wiring Reference – MGM Brakes
SAE J1708 User’s Manual – Simma Software, Inc.
Symmetric-key algorithm External links:
Symmetric-key algorithm – YouTube
Digital circuit External links:
The Digital Circuit (@TheDigiCircuit) | Twitter
The Digital Circuit – YouTube
3rd Miroc Digital Circuit – Entry rules — Photoclub Danube
SAE J1587 External links:
Sae J1587 2006 Pdf – banyun.store
ATA (SAE J1587 / J1708) Data Link Circuit – Test