What is involved in Public relations
Find out what the related areas are that Public relations connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Public relations thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Public relations journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Public relations leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Public relations related domains to cover and 170 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Public relations, Product demonstration, Culture jamming, Visual communication, Crowd psychology, Attack ad, Advertising slogan, Intrapersonal communication, Dumbing down, Front group, Alternative facts, American Political Science Review, Negative campaigning, Press conferences, Virus hoax, False advertising, Civil disobedience, Urban legend, Corporate media, Ad hominem, Blood libel, Name recognition, Social media, Text and conversation theory, Managing the news, Lobby groups, Online media, Nongovernmental organizations, National myth, General public, News media, Cult of personality, Marketing communications, Media culture, Fifth column, Communication theory, Vilém Flusser, Corporate censorship, Propaganda of the deed, Press release, Chartered Institute of Public Relations, Models of communication, Public relations, Plain folks, Communication studies, Government relations, Promotional merchandise, Charm offensive, Social media marketing, Political satire, Media scrum, Product marketing:
Public relations Critical Criteria:
Focus on Public relations engagements and learn.
– If the single biggest influence in shaping consumers attitudes is community organizations, what are they and how can public relations help?
– What are your public relations problems and opportunities based on the product/program and consumer lifecycles?
– Think about the functions involved in your Public relations project. what processes flow from these functions?
– What are the problems, opportunities and anticipated issues that public relations can address?
– What do public relations professionals need to do to become excellent leaders?
– Think of your Public relations project. what are the main functions?
– Are there Public relations problems defined?
Product demonstration Critical Criteria:
Collaborate on Product demonstration issues and ask what if.
– Can we add value to the current Public relations decision-making process (largely qualitative) by incorporating uncertainty modeling (more quantitative)?
– What tools and technologies are needed for a custom Public relations project?
– Do we all define Public relations in the same way?
Culture jamming Critical Criteria:
Powwow over Culture jamming planning and remodel and develop an effective Culture jamming strategy.
– What new services of functionality will be implemented next with Public relations ?
– How can skill-level changes improve Public relations?
Visual communication Critical Criteria:
Analyze Visual communication engagements and get answers.
– What management system can we use to leverage the Public relations experience, ideas, and concerns of the people closest to the work to be done?
– What are specific Public relations Rules to follow?
Crowd psychology Critical Criteria:
Face Crowd psychology visions and use obstacles to break out of ruts.
– How do your measurements capture actionable Public relations information for use in exceeding your customers expectations and securing your customers engagement?
– How can you negotiate Public relations successfully with a stubborn boss, an irate client, or a deceitful coworker?
Attack ad Critical Criteria:
Interpolate Attack ad quality and point out Attack ad tensions in leadership.
– How do we ensure that implementations of Public relations products are done in a way that ensures safety?
– How do we know that any Public relations analysis is complete and comprehensive?
– How to deal with Public relations Changes?
Advertising slogan Critical Criteria:
Design Advertising slogan goals and pay attention to the small things.
– How do we measure improved Public relations service perception, and satisfaction?
– What will drive Public relations change?
Intrapersonal communication Critical Criteria:
Start Intrapersonal communication planning and look at it backwards.
– What potential environmental factors impact the Public relations effort?
– How will you know that the Public relations project has been successful?
– Does Public relations appropriately measure and monitor risk?
Dumbing down Critical Criteria:
Co-operate on Dumbing down decisions and proactively manage Dumbing down risks.
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about Public relations. How do we gain traction?
– Have all basic functions of Public relations been defined?
Front group Critical Criteria:
Recall Front group governance and probe Front group strategic alliances.
– What is the total cost related to deploying Public relations, including any consulting or professional services?
– What is the purpose of Public relations in relation to the mission?
– Which Public relations goals are the most important?
Alternative facts Critical Criteria:
Grade Alternative facts issues and adjust implementation of Alternative facts.
– How will we insure seamless interoperability of Public relations moving forward?
– How does the organization define, manage, and improve its Public relations processes?
– What are current Public relations Paradigms?
American Political Science Review Critical Criteria:
Nurse American Political Science Review issues and develop and take control of the American Political Science Review initiative.
– In the case of a Public relations project, the criteria for the audit derive from implementation objectives. an audit of a Public relations project involves assessing whether the recommendations outlined for implementation have been met. in other words, can we track that any Public relations project is implemented as planned, and is it working?
– How to Secure Public relations?
Negative campaigning Critical Criteria:
Confer over Negative campaigning governance and gather practices for scaling Negative campaigning.
– Will Public relations have an impact on current business continuity, disaster recovery processes and/or infrastructure?
– What are the barriers to increased Public relations production?
– Does our organization need more Public relations education?
Press conferences Critical Criteria:
Sort Press conferences management and point out Press conferences tensions in leadership.
– Who will be responsible for documenting the Public relations requirements in detail?
– What vendors make products that address the Public relations needs?
Virus hoax Critical Criteria:
Match Virus hoax tasks and transcribe Virus hoax as tomorrows backbone for success.
– Why are Public relations skills important?
False advertising Critical Criteria:
Align False advertising planning and handle a jump-start course to False advertising.
– What business benefits will Public relations goals deliver if achieved?
Civil disobedience Critical Criteria:
Trace Civil disobedience leadership and don’t overlook the obvious.
– Think about the people you identified for your Public relations project and the project responsibilities you would assign to them. what kind of training do you think they would need to perform these responsibilities effectively?
– A compounding model resolution with available relevant data can often provide insight towards a solution methodology; which Public relations models, tools and techniques are necessary?
– Who will be responsible for making the decisions to include or exclude requested changes once Public relations is underway?
Urban legend Critical Criteria:
Focus on Urban legend tactics and sort Urban legend activities.
– Who is the main stakeholder, with ultimate responsibility for driving Public relations forward?
– Are we making progress? and are we making progress as Public relations leaders?
Corporate media Critical Criteria:
Devise Corporate media risks and correct Corporate media management by competencies.
– Does Public relations systematically track and analyze outcomes for accountability and quality improvement?
Ad hominem Critical Criteria:
Scrutinze Ad hominem tactics and correct better engagement with Ad hominem results.
– What tools do you use once you have decided on a Public relations strategy and more importantly how do you choose?
– What are our needs in relation to Public relations skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
– How much does Public relations help?
Blood libel Critical Criteria:
Categorize Blood libel leadership and inform on and uncover unspoken needs and breakthrough Blood libel results.
– What are the usability implications of Public relations actions?
– What about Public relations Analysis of results?
Name recognition Critical Criteria:
Concentrate on Name recognition strategies and look for lots of ideas.
– What is the source of the strategies for Public relations strengthening and reform?
– What are all of our Public relations domains and what do they do?
Social media Critical Criteria:
Add value to Social media strategies and report on developing an effective Social media strategy.
– In the past year, have companies generally improved or worsened in terms of how quickly you feel they respond to you over social media channels surrounding a general inquiry or complaint?
– When you use social media to complain about a Customer Service issue, how often do you feel you get an answer or your complaint is resolved by the company?
– Are business intelligence solutions starting to include social media data and analytics features?
– What methodology do you use for measuring the success of your social media programs for clients?
– Which of the following are reasons you use social media when it comes to Customer Service?
– What is our approach to Risk Management in the specific area of social media?
– What is the best way to integrate social media into existing CRM strategies?
– How have you defined R.O.I. from a social media perspective in the past?
– How important is real time for providing social media Customer Service?
– Do you have any proprietary tools or products related to social media?
– What social media dashboards are available and how do they compare?
– Do you offer social media training services for clients?
Text and conversation theory Critical Criteria:
Align Text and conversation theory strategies and define Text and conversation theory competency-based leadership.
– What are your key performance measures or indicators and in-process measures for the control and improvement of your Public relations processes?
Managing the news Critical Criteria:
Discuss Managing the news tactics and find out.
– How can we incorporate support to ensure safe and effective use of Public relations into the services that we provide?
– Who is responsible for ensuring appropriate resources (time, people and money) are allocated to Public relations?
Lobby groups Critical Criteria:
Discourse Lobby groups projects and define Lobby groups competency-based leadership.
– What knowledge, skills and characteristics mark a good Public relations project manager?
– How important is Public relations to the user organizations mission?
Online media Critical Criteria:
Reorganize Online media quality and simulate teachings and consultations on quality process improvement of Online media.
– What are the key elements of your Public relations performance improvement system, including your evaluation, organizational learning, and innovation processes?
– What is Effective Public relations?
Nongovernmental organizations Critical Criteria:
Steer Nongovernmental organizations goals and reinforce and communicate particularly sensitive Nongovernmental organizations decisions.
– What are our best practices for minimizing Public relations project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the Public relations project lifecycle?
– How do we Identify specific Public relations investment and emerging trends?
– How can you measure Public relations in a systematic way?
National myth Critical Criteria:
Check National myth adoptions and define National myth competency-based leadership.
– Which customers cant participate in our Public relations domain because they lack skills, wealth, or convenient access to existing solutions?
– Is Supporting Public relations documentation required?
General public Critical Criteria:
Have a meeting on General public quality and reduce General public costs.
– How do you incorporate cycle time, productivity, cost control, and other efficiency and effectiveness factors into these Public relations processes?
– Is a public interest involved: e.g., would disclosure benefit the general public in light of content and context of the information?
– Disclosure of names/salaries by Court of Auditors in report to Parliament; necessary also to disclose to general public?
– What threat is Public relations addressing?
News media Critical Criteria:
Chat re News media strategies and assess and formulate effective operational and News media strategies.
– What are the disruptive Public relations technologies that enable our organization to radically change our business processes?
– How would one define Public relations leadership?
– Are there recognized Public relations problems?
Cult of personality Critical Criteria:
Detail Cult of personality outcomes and display thorough understanding of the Cult of personality process.
– Can Management personnel recognize the monetary benefit of Public relations?
– Do Public relations rules make a reasonable demand on a users capabilities?
Marketing communications Critical Criteria:
Have a round table over Marketing communications visions and gather Marketing communications models .
– It is difficult to know if youve got the right spending level. however, the agency should provide a range of budgets for the products they advertise. how much does the top advertiser spend?
– If you do not know the cpm how can you justify the expense of using one medium or vehicle versus another?
– Have extra media been scheduled during particularly strong sales periods during the year?
– What is integrated marketing communications, and why it becoming increasingly accepted?
– Which promotional tools would be most effective in our promotional mix?
– Increasing importance of Integrated Marketing Communications … Why?
– Which kinds of advertising in which media influence you the most?
– What are the key features, benefits of the program/project?
– Who is the target audience for this advertising message?
– Market – to whom should the communication be addressed?
– Is the brand being introduced or is it established?
– Do we have experlenco with this type of promotion?
– Documentation supporting any options selected?
– Plan delivery compared to media objectives?
– Has the plan been prepared professionally?
– How have you positioned your product?
– Who buys the product or service?
– Why are you undertaking this?
– When do you want to do this?
– What is to be tested?
Media culture Critical Criteria:
Start Media culture outcomes and assess and formulate effective operational and Media culture strategies.
– How do mission and objectives affect the Public relations processes of our organization?
– Which individuals, teams or departments will be involved in Public relations?
– How do we maintain Public relationss Integrity?
Fifth column Critical Criteria:
Analyze Fifth column leadership and prioritize challenges of Fifth column.
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that Public relations objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
– How do we go about Comparing Public relations approaches/solutions?
Communication theory Critical Criteria:
Examine Communication theory outcomes and attract Communication theory skills.
– What other organizational variables, such as reward systems or communication systems, affect the performance of this Public relations process?
Vilém Flusser Critical Criteria:
Devise Vilém Flusser planning and look at it backwards.
– Can we do Public relations without complex (expensive) analysis?
Corporate censorship Critical Criteria:
Focus on Corporate censorship adoptions and finalize specific methods for Corporate censorship acceptance.
– Why should we adopt a Public relations framework?
Propaganda of the deed Critical Criteria:
Co-operate on Propaganda of the deed decisions and reduce Propaganda of the deed costs.
– What are the record-keeping requirements of Public relations activities?
– What are the Key enablers to make this Public relations move?
Press release Critical Criteria:
Accelerate Press release adoptions and find answers.
– Is there a Public relations Communication plan covering who needs to get what information when?
– What are the short and long-term Public relations goals?
– How do we go about Securing Public relations?
Chartered Institute of Public Relations Critical Criteria:
Have a session on Chartered Institute of Public Relations failures and transcribe Chartered Institute of Public Relations as tomorrows backbone for success.
– Will Public relations deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
– How is the value delivered by Public relations being measured?
Models of communication Critical Criteria:
Incorporate Models of communication issues and describe which business rules are needed as Models of communication interface.
Public relations Critical Criteria:
Do a round table on Public relations management and achieve a single Public relations view and bringing data together.
– Is the Public relations organization completing tasks effectively and efficiently?
Plain folks Critical Criteria:
Adapt Plain folks decisions and remodel and develop an effective Plain folks strategy.
Communication studies Critical Criteria:
Recall Communication studies leadership and slay a dragon.
– Consider your own Public relations project. what types of organizational problems do you think might be causing or affecting your problem, based on the work done so far?
– Meeting the challenge: are missed Public relations opportunities costing us money?
– Who will provide the final approval of Public relations deliverables?
Government relations Critical Criteria:
Have a round table over Government relations tactics and separate what are the business goals Government relations is aiming to achieve.
– When a Public relations manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
Promotional merchandise Critical Criteria:
Accommodate Promotional merchandise strategies and look at the big picture.
– Who are the people involved in developing and implementing Public relations?
– How will you measure your Public relations effectiveness?
Charm offensive Critical Criteria:
Rank Charm offensive projects and describe which business rules are needed as Charm offensive interface.
– Why is it important to have senior management support for a Public relations project?
– Do we have past Public relations Successes?
Social media marketing Critical Criteria:
Tête-à-tête about Social media marketing adoptions and check on ways to get started with Social media marketing.
– Do we cover the five essential competencies-Communication, Collaboration,Innovation, Adaptability, and Leadership that improve an organizations ability to leverage the new Public relations in a volatile global economy?
Political satire Critical Criteria:
Grasp Political satire outcomes and find the ideas you already have.
– What may be the consequences for the performance of an organization if all stakeholders are not consulted regarding Public relations?
– What sources do you use to gather information for a Public relations study?
Media scrum Critical Criteria:
Value Media scrum failures and explain and analyze the challenges of Media scrum.
– How do we Improve Public relations service perception, and satisfaction?
– How can the value of Public relations be defined?
Product marketing Critical Criteria:
Co-operate on Product marketing goals and develop and take control of the Product marketing initiative.
– In what ways are Public relations vendors and us interacting to ensure safe and effective use?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Public relations Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Public relations External links:
Public Relations | About Us – Capital Title
Most Popular “Public Relations” Titles – IMDb
Public Relations – Americas Job Exchange
Product demonstration External links:
Corporate Image, Product Demonstration, and Training …
NeverWet Arrives – Hands-On Product Demonstration – YouTube
The Face Marketing| Product Demonstration Company| …
Culture jamming External links:
Culture Jamming – jstore.store
Culture jamming. (eAudiobook, 2009) [WorldCat.org]
Culture jamming. (eBook, 2009) [WorldCat.org]
Visual communication External links:
Arts, Design, and Visual Communication Programs/Majors
School of Visual Communication Design | Kent State University
eagereyes – Visualization and Visual Communication
Advertising slogan External links:
Intrapersonal communication External links:
Intrapersonal communication Flashcards | Quizlet
Front group External links:
Shop Front Group – Home | Facebook
MGM Funding Hamas Front Group | The American Spectator
MGM to match employee gifts to terror front group – WND
Alternative facts External links:
alternative facts – Everything2.com
Alternative Facts (2018) – IMDb
American Political Science Review External links:
The American Political Science Review on JSTOR
American Political Science Review – Official Site
Negative campaigning External links:
Negative Campaigning, Jun 22 1991 | Video | C-SPAN.org
Negative Campaigning, Aug 6 1993 | Video | C-SPAN.org
Press conferences External links:
ERIC – The Press Conferences of Eleanor Roosevelt., …
Sheriff’s Press Conferences | Collier County, FL Sheriff
Virus hoax External links:
The “Black Muslim in the White House” Virus Hoax
False advertising External links:
False advertising? | Verizon Community
Aloe Vera – False Advertising & No Aloe Suit | …
Civil disobedience External links:
Civil disobedience (Book, 2016) [WorldCat.org]
Civil Disobedience by Henry David Thoreau – American …
Civil Disobedience by Henry David Thoreau – Others
Urban legend External links:
Urban Legend – XFINITY Stream
Devil’s Breath: Urban Legend or the World’s Most Scary …
Urban Legend Burlington – Home | Facebook
Corporate media External links:
Anti Corporate Media – Home | Facebook
Ad hominem External links:
Ad hominem – SourceWatch
Ad Hominem Fallacy :: Fallacies Ad Hominem – 123HelpMe
Ad Hominem (2011) – IMDb
Blood libel External links:
The greatest libel since the Blood Libel – wnd.com
blood libel | anti-Semitism | Britannica.com
Blood Libel – Zola Levitt Ministries
Name recognition External links:
[DOC]Name recognition – Oklahoma
http://www.ok.gov/okswat/documents/Name Recognition-Caitlin B.doc
[PDF]Multilingual person name recognition and …
Social media External links:
WhoDoYou – Local businesses recommended on social media
SOCi Social Media Marketing & Management Platform
Managing the news External links:
Managing the News Page | Church Website Creator
Lobby groups External links:
Lobby groups/Australia – SourceWatch
[PDF]Lobby groups – iranian-americans.com
Category:Lobby Groups – TobaccoTactics
Online media External links:
What is ONLINE MEDIA – Black’s Law Dictionary
Title Sussex Online Media Pack 2017 by Title Media – issuu
2017 Construction Kickoff Online Media Kit
Nongovernmental organizations External links:
ERIC – Thesaurus – Nongovernmental Organizations
General public External links:
Information For The General Public: Frequently Asked …
StateJobsNY – General Public: Home
Vital Statistics Unit – General Public
News media External links:
Hattiesburg Patriot News Media – Home | Facebook
AdvisoryHQ – Global Review and Ranking News Media
Cult of personality External links:
Living Colour – Cult Of Personality – YouTube
The Supreme Cult of Personality – Yahoo
Living Colour – Cult Of Personality Lyrics | MetroLyrics
Marketing communications External links:
Greteman Group Aviation Marketing Communications
HCK2 | A Marketing Communications Firm
Marketing Communications – Spark451
Fifth column External links:
fifth column | military tactic | Britannica.com
Fifth Column | Definition of Fifth Column by Merriam-Webster
The Fifth Column – Home | Facebook
Communication theory External links:
What Is Communication Theory? Essay – 1256 Words
List of Theories | Communication Theory
Communication theory (Book, 1980) [WorldCat.org]
Propaganda of the deed External links:
propaganda of the deed | The Anarchist Library
Propaganda of the deed – Revolvy
https://www.revolvy.com/main/index.php?s=Propaganda of the deed
propaganda of the deed | Art Blart
Press release External links:
Press Release Jet
Press Release Distribution to Major News & Media Outlets
Chartered Institute of Public Relations External links:
Chartered Institute of Public Relations – Home | Facebook
PR & SEO | Chartered Institute of Public Relations
Sector groups | Chartered Institute of Public Relations
Models of communication External links:
ERIC – Models of Communication; The Interdependency …
Models of Communication Flashcards | Quizlet
Public relations External links:
Most Popular “Public Relations” Titles – IMDb
Public Relations Job Titles and Descriptions – The Balance
Jobs Board – Public Relations Institute of Australia
Communication studies External links:
Communication Studies Online – Accredited Ashford University®
http://Ad · onlinedegrees.ashford.edu/Affordable/Accredited
Department of Communication Studies
Department of Communication Studies | South Dakota …
Government relations External links:
Office of Government Relations | New Mexico State …
Office of Government Relations | The City of Portland, Oregon
Government Relations: Indiana University
Promotional merchandise External links:
Brand Impression – Promotional Merchandise for Brand …
Promotional Merchandise | Socks | Headbands | Wristbands
Social media marketing External links:
SOCi Social Media Marketing & Management Platform
Likeable Hub App for Social Media Marketing
Every social media marketing strategy to grow your business.
Political satire External links:
[PDF]Political Satire in the Bible (review)
Glittering Crapfest – Political satire
Most Popular “Political Satire” Titles – IMDb
Media scrum External links:
Week 6 Media Scrum – Dana White’s Tuesday Night …
Product marketing External links:
Product Marketing tips and strategies from Launch Grow Joy
Product Marketing Specialist | IllinoisJobLink.com
Invention Companies | Product Marketing – Tristar