What is involved in Infrastructure Services
Find out what the related areas are that Infrastructure Services connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Infrastructure Services thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Infrastructure Services journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Infrastructure Services leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Infrastructure Services related domains to cover and 399 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Infrastructure Services, Deming Cycle, Definitive software library, Knowledge management, Best practice, Configuration management database, IBM Tivoli Unified Process, Demand management, Granular configuration automation, RPR problem diagnosis, Office of Government Commerce, RACI matrix, Application Services Library, Problem Management, ITIL security management, ICT infrastructure, Application Management, Access Management, Agile software development, Performance engineering, Information and communication technologies, Business Process Framework, Business case, Corporate governance of information technology, Software metric, Tudor IT Process Assessment, Cabinet Office, Change management, Business Service Management, Six Sigma, Business Information Services Library, Event Management, Service Desk, Secondary support level, Microsoft Operations Framework, Infrastructure Services, ISO/IEC 27001, Point of contact, Joint venture, Computer network, Service Level Agreement, Business continuity planning, Service portfolio management, IT Operations Management, Enterprise architecture, Enterprise life cycle, Definitive Media Library, Risk analysis, Corrective and preventive action, IT service continuity, Configuration item, Ishikawa diagram, Help desk, Project management, Underpinning contract, Service catalog, Identity management, Economic efficiency, IT service management, Change request, Central Computer and Telecommunications Agency, Release management, Software asset management, HM Treasury, Capacity management, Computer security:
Infrastructure Services Critical Criteria:
Guide Infrastructure Services outcomes and arbitrate Infrastructure Services techniques that enhance teamwork and productivity.
– What are your key performance measures or indicators and in-process measures for the control and improvement of your Infrastructure Services processes?
– Are there internal organizational issues to address to increase our comfort level with using shared infrastructure services?
– What are the business goals Infrastructure Services is aiming to achieve?
– What is Effective Infrastructure Services?
Deming Cycle Critical Criteria:
Have a session on Deming Cycle strategies and look for lots of ideas.
– What are your current levels and trends in key measures or indicators of Infrastructure Services product and process performance that are important to and directly serve your customers? how do these results compare with the performance of your competitors and other organizations with similar offerings?
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our Infrastructure Services agendas for the next 3 years?
Definitive software library Critical Criteria:
Extrapolate Definitive software library planning and balance specific methods for improving Definitive software library results.
– What may be the consequences for the performance of an organization if all stakeholders are not consulted regarding Infrastructure Services?
– Why are Infrastructure Services skills important?
Knowledge management Critical Criteria:
Participate in Knowledge management failures and report on developing an effective Knowledge management strategy.
– Learning Systems Analysis: once one has a good grasp of the current state of the organization, there is still an important question that needs to be asked: what is the organizations potential for developing and changing – in the near future and in the longer term?
– Who is responsible for ensuring appropriate resources (time, people and money) are allocated to Infrastructure Services?
– Do we monitor the Infrastructure Services decisions made and fine tune them as they evolve?
– What best practices in knowledge management for Service management do we use?
– How important is Infrastructure Services to the user organizations mission?
– When is Knowledge Management Measured?
– How is Knowledge Management Measured?
Best practice Critical Criteria:
Substantiate Best practice quality and describe the risks of Best practice sustainability.
– Achieving service management excellence is an on-going process. Just as an organization can never have enough sales, so they can never stop paying attention to service assurance. With service management and assurance having such a critical role for CSPs, how can they both achieve optimal service assurance delivery and implement supporting processes to ensure that best practice continues to be observed?
– What are the best practices for software quality assurance when using agile development methodologies?
– Is the use of CCM destined to become an important and requisite audit methodology best practice?
– Aare there recommended best practices to help us decide whether they should move to the cloud?
– Are we proactively using the most effective means, the best practices and maximizing our opportunities?
– Does your organization have a company-wide policy regarding best practices for cyber?
– What are some best practices for gathering business intelligence about a competitor?
– Who would you consider best practice in any or all of the instore sales drivers?
– Are CSI and organizational change underpinned by Kotters change management best practices?
– Which individuals, teams or departments will be involved in Infrastructure Services?
– What best practices are relevant to your service management initiative?
– Which is really software best practice to us, CMM or agile development?
– How does big data impact Data Quality and governance best practices?
– How do we manage Infrastructure Services Knowledge Management (KM)?
– Are there any best practices or standards for the use of Big Data solutions?
– Are Organizational Change managements best practices (eg Kotter) applied?
– Do we adhere to best practices interface design?
– What best practices are relevant to your ITSM initiative?
Configuration management database Critical Criteria:
Examine Configuration management database visions and reduce Configuration management database costs.
– Will the change significantly degrade safety or negatively impact adequate protection of workers, the environment, or the public?
– Which of the itil processes is responsible for ensuring the organization is aware of new and changing technology?
– The words delta, full and package describe different types of release. Which ones do we use when?
– What information does Configuration Management provide to the it management of an organization?
– What are all of our Infrastructure Services domains and what do they do?
– When: when do you start to place entities under configuration control?
– How is access to the Configuration Management status data controlled?
– When can the building, testing and implementation of a change begin?
– What: selection of configuration items (what should be managed?
– Are the relationships between configuration items established?
– Definition: what is software Configuration Management?
– What is a Configuration Management database (cmdb)?
– Is a usq review required for the proposed change?
– Do the benefits of the change warrant the costs?
– How is mobile wimax different from fixed wimax?
– Was the technical review adequately performed?
– Are all other required reviews complete?
– Independent verification complete?
– Other reviews to be performed?
– What work is involved?
IBM Tivoli Unified Process Critical Criteria:
Probe IBM Tivoli Unified Process projects and find out what it really means.
– What tools do you use once you have decided on a Infrastructure Services strategy and more importantly how do you choose?
– What potential environmental factors impact the Infrastructure Services effort?
– Are assumptions made in Infrastructure Services stated explicitly?
Demand management Critical Criteria:
Track Demand management tasks and document what potential Demand management megatrends could make our business model obsolete.
– Do you monitor the effectiveness of your Infrastructure Services activities?
– Which are the key performance indicators for Customer Service?
– Is your organization considering or implementing the concept of DevOps?
Granular configuration automation Critical Criteria:
Do a round table on Granular configuration automation tactics and balance specific methods for improving Granular configuration automation results.
– Is there a Infrastructure Services Communication plan covering who needs to get what information when?
– What sources do you use to gather information for a Infrastructure Services study?
RPR problem diagnosis Critical Criteria:
Talk about RPR problem diagnosis management and differentiate in coordinating RPR problem diagnosis.
– How will you know that the Infrastructure Services project has been successful?
– What are the usability implications of Infrastructure Services actions?
Office of Government Commerce Critical Criteria:
Investigate Office of Government Commerce leadership and budget the knowledge transfer for any interested in Office of Government Commerce.
– Does the Infrastructure Services task fit the clients priorities?
RACI matrix Critical Criteria:
Transcribe RACI matrix planning and integrate design thinking in RACI matrix innovation.
– Are accountability and ownership for Infrastructure Services clearly defined?
– Who will provide the final approval of Infrastructure Services deliverables?
Application Services Library Critical Criteria:
Weigh in on Application Services Library leadership and slay a dragon.
– How do we ensure that implementations of Infrastructure Services products are done in a way that ensures safety?
– What are the Essentials of Internal Infrastructure Services Management?
– How is the value delivered by Infrastructure Services being measured?
Problem Management Critical Criteria:
Cut a stake in Problem Management visions and interpret which customers can’t participate in Problem Management because they lack skills.
– How likely is the current Infrastructure Services plan to come in on schedule or on budget?
– Is the Infrastructure Services organization completing tasks effectively and efficiently?
– What is a key activity in problem management?
ITIL security management Critical Criteria:
Discourse ITIL security management quality and pioneer acquisition of ITIL security management systems.
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a Infrastructure Services process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the Infrastructure Services process available?
– How do we Identify specific Infrastructure Services investment and emerging trends?
ICT infrastructure Critical Criteria:
Model after ICT infrastructure strategies and assess what counts with ICT infrastructure that we are not counting.
– In the case of a Infrastructure Services project, the criteria for the audit derive from implementation objectives. an audit of a Infrastructure Services project involves assessing whether the recommendations outlined for implementation have been met. in other words, can we track that any Infrastructure Services project is implemented as planned, and is it working?
– At what point will vulnerability assessments be performed once Infrastructure Services is put into production (e.g., ongoing Risk Management after implementation)?
Application Management Critical Criteria:
Transcribe Application Management results and separate what are the business goals Application Management is aiming to achieve.
– Who is the main stakeholder, with ultimate responsibility for driving Infrastructure Services forward?
– To what extent does management recognize Infrastructure Services as a tool to increase the results?
Access Management Critical Criteria:
Focus on Access Management tasks and plan concise Access Management education.
– Are we able to answer the question: given the answer to the authentication question, and any other information available about the entity, what functions and data items should be made available for this entitys use?
– With the opportunities presented by the array of tools that support the people and processes needed to transform the maturity of an organizations iam life cycle stage, it is natural to ask, how do we get started?
– For audit tracking, state the level of the granularity needed – do you just need to know that someone logged in and out, or do you need to know what screens or records or fields were accessed?
– Are there appropriate controls in place to prevent people from adding access to systems and applications outside the approved process?
– How are the privileged access permissions requested, approved, and granted to individuals?
– Has the usec/iam team finished impact analysis testing with intended results?
– What password parameters have been established for companywide applications?
– What happens if a user changes their password natively in active directory?
– What aggregated single sign on sso identity provider do we use and why?
– How is access granted, monitored, and removed within the environment?
– What is the security -life cycle identity management business case?
– Protect virtualization platforms, such as vmware?
– How does your organization onboard new hires?
– Do we know the Value of wasted user time?
– What is our automated user provisioning?
– How secure is your identity data?
– Identity chaining and referral?
– How Is the Technology Used?
– Who must approve changes?
Agile software development Critical Criteria:
Differentiate Agile software development management and modify and define the unique characteristics of interactive Agile software development projects.
– Much of the agile advice is oriented towards small teams of up to ten people, who are either co-located or near located, who have ready access to their primary stakeholders, and who are working on software that can be easily organized into a series of small releases. What about large teams?
– The sprint backlog is the list of work the team must address during the next sprint. The list is derived by selecting stories/features from the top of the product backlog until the team feels they have enough work to fill the sprint. Is this done by the team asking, Can we also do this?
– Imagine a scenario where you engage a software group to build a critical software system. Do you think you could provide every last detail the developers need to know right off the bat?
– Can working in an agile mode assist a corporate venture in achieving good results early, in starting business, and in bringing income for the parent company?
– How could agile approach be taken into consideration when recruiting personnel and allocating people into projects?
– Will Agile advantages be able to overcome the well-known existing problems in software development?
– Why should a client choose a project team which offers agile software development?
– Will the organizational culture support new values of the agile team?
– What are the a best practices for Agile SCRUM Product Management?
– Which is really software best practice, CMM or agile development?
– How can Trello be used as an Agile project management tool?
– If you used Agile in the past, but do not now, why?
– Will the team be populated by stakeholders?
– What have you completed since yesterday?
– What type of system is being developed?
– How do Agile projects prioritize work?
– Does your team use Agile Methodology?
– What is Scale and Why Manage It?
– What Is Exploratory Testing?
– What is ASD to us?
Performance engineering Critical Criteria:
Cut a stake in Performance engineering quality and ask questions.
– How do you incorporate cycle time, productivity, cost control, and other efficiency and effectiveness factors into these Infrastructure Services processes?
– What about Infrastructure Services Analysis of results?
Information and communication technologies Critical Criteria:
Sort Information and communication technologies tasks and raise human resource and employment practices for Information and communication technologies.
– How do we measure improved Infrastructure Services service perception, and satisfaction?
– What are internal and external Infrastructure Services relations?
Business Process Framework Critical Criteria:
Guard Business Process Framework decisions and know what your objective is.
– Who will be responsible for documenting the Infrastructure Services requirements in detail?
Business case Critical Criteria:
Cut a stake in Business case failures and correct Business case management by competencies.
– Are there any easy-to-implement alternatives to Infrastructure Services? Sometimes other solutions are available that do not require the cost implications of a full-blown project?
– Who is driving and leading the business case development for your organization?
– Is there a business case where additional cyber security risks are involved?
– Have sensitivity of the business case been calculated?
– What threat is Infrastructure Services addressing?
– Are there Infrastructure Services Models?
– Right business case?
Corporate governance of information technology Critical Criteria:
Bootstrap Corporate governance of information technology strategies and probe the present value of growth of Corporate governance of information technology.
– Will Infrastructure Services have an impact on current business continuity, disaster recovery processes and/or infrastructure?
– Is there any existing Infrastructure Services governance structure?
– Who sets the Infrastructure Services standards?
Software metric Critical Criteria:
Incorporate Software metric issues and grade techniques for implementing Software metric controls.
– What are the best software metrics for discerning Agile (vs. non-Agile) process effects on teams artifacts?
– Does Infrastructure Services create potential expectations in other areas that need to be recognized and considered?
Tudor IT Process Assessment Critical Criteria:
Map Tudor IT Process Assessment tactics and diversify disclosure of information – dealing with confidential Tudor IT Process Assessment information.
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about Infrastructure Services. How do we gain traction?
– Think about the functions involved in your Infrastructure Services project. what processes flow from these functions?
– How will you measure your Infrastructure Services effectiveness?
Cabinet Office Critical Criteria:
Grasp Cabinet Office issues and reinforce and communicate particularly sensitive Cabinet Office decisions.
– How do you determine the key elements that affect Infrastructure Services workforce satisfaction? how are these elements determined for different workforce groups and segments?
– Among the Infrastructure Services product and service cost to be estimated, which is considered hardest to estimate?
– How do we Lead with Infrastructure Services in Mind?
Change management Critical Criteria:
Troubleshoot Change management failures and report on setting up Change management without losing ground.
– Workforce Change Management How do you prepare your workforce for changing capability and capacity needs? How do you manage your workforce, its needs, and your needs to ensure continuity, prevent workforce reductions, and minimize the impact of workforce reductions, if they do become necessary? How do you prepare for and manage periods of workforce growth?
– The objective of Change Management is to ensure that standard methods and procedures are used, such that changes can be dealt with quickly, with the lowest possible impact on service quality. all changes should be traceable, in other words, one can answer the question, what changed? Do we do this?
– Has the team ensured that key cultural barriers (e.g., training and skills required for new jobs, entrenched culture, incompatible support structures, fear of downsizing) are addressed in its Change Management strategy?
– Do you have formalized processes for organizational change management within your organization?
– How do mission and objectives affect the Infrastructure Services processes of our organization?
– What are some concrete ways to help executives understand the value of change management?
– Risk factors: what are the characteristics of Infrastructure Services that make it risky?
– What are the most important benefits of effective organizational change management?
– Do project management and Change Management look the same for every initiative?
– How effective is your organization with organizational change management?
– What are the primary barriers to effective Change Management?
– How pro-active is the Organizational Change Management Plan?
– What is the latest success strategy in change management?
– Who are the leaders in a Change Management process?
– How can skill-level changes improve Infrastructure Services?
– When is Change Management used on a project?
– When to start Change Management?
– What is Change Management?
Business Service Management Critical Criteria:
Debate over Business Service Management adoptions and oversee Business Service Management management by competencies.
– Can we do Infrastructure Services without complex (expensive) analysis?
Six Sigma Critical Criteria:
Have a session on Six Sigma leadership and question.
– What process management and improvement tools are we using PDSA/PDCA, ISO 9000, Lean, Balanced Scorecard, Six Sigma, something else?
– How is lean six sigma different from TOGAF architecture?
– Is the scope of Infrastructure Services defined?
Business Information Services Library Critical Criteria:
Incorporate Business Information Services Library tactics and look at the big picture.
– What role does communication play in the success or failure of a Infrastructure Services project?
Event Management Critical Criteria:
Review Event Management visions and forecast involvement of future Event Management projects in development.
– What is the purpose of Infrastructure Services in relation to the mission?
– Is Supporting Infrastructure Services documentation required?
– How much does Infrastructure Services help?
Service Desk Critical Criteria:
Canvass Service Desk projects and correct Service Desk management by competencies.
– Will we be eligible for ISOIEC 20000 certification, even if our Service Desk, infrastructure management and applications management functions are located in different countries?
– Why is Customer Service and helpdesks so undervalued given that this is a core part of branding and growth i e The head of the Service Desk is not a CxO level title?
– Does the service provider have a service desk function based on itil principles?
– Is the cloud service providers service desk local, onshore or offshore?
– Are you running your service desk or is your service desk running you?
– Does the service provider have a service desk function based on ITIL principles?
– How does mobility improve your organizations service desk effectiveness?
– Is the cloud service providers service desk local, onshore or offshore?
– Are You Running Your Service Desk or is Your Service Desk Running You?
– Which incidents should be logged by the service desk?
– Why a service desk?
Secondary support level Critical Criteria:
Guard Secondary support level visions and be persistent.
– What will be the consequences to the business (financial, reputation etc) if Infrastructure Services does not go ahead or fails to deliver the objectives?
Microsoft Operations Framework Critical Criteria:
Grasp Microsoft Operations Framework quality and observe effective Microsoft Operations Framework.
– How can we improve Infrastructure Services?
Infrastructure Services Critical Criteria:
Wrangle Infrastructure Services leadership and forecast involvement of future Infrastructure Services projects in development.
– How does the organization define, manage, and improve its Infrastructure Services processes?
ISO/IEC 27001 Critical Criteria:
Chart ISO/IEC 27001 goals and intervene in ISO/IEC 27001 processes and leadership.
– What is the total cost related to deploying Infrastructure Services, including any consulting or professional services?
– Think of your Infrastructure Services project. what are the main functions?
Point of contact Critical Criteria:
Interpolate Point of contact risks and correct better engagement with Point of contact results.
– What are the disruptive Infrastructure Services technologies that enable our organization to radically change our business processes?
– How can you measure Infrastructure Services in a systematic way?
Joint venture Critical Criteria:
Adapt Joint venture tasks and innovate what needs to be done with Joint venture.
– What are current Infrastructure Services Paradigms?
Computer network Critical Criteria:
Disseminate Computer network risks and catalog Computer network activities.
– How can we incorporate support to ensure safe and effective use of Infrastructure Services into the services that we provide?
– Is the illegal entry into a private computer network a crime in your country?
Service Level Agreement Critical Criteria:
Inquire about Service Level Agreement goals and get out your magnifying glass.
– What are the most preferred dedicated or cloud hosting providers giving managed services in their core plans?
– Do you really care about the Service Level Agreement sla of your underlying cloud platform paas or iaas?
– What is the impact of changing my suppliers and/or their SLAs on my capabilities to meet my SLAs?
– How will the agreement be terminated at the end of the initial term of the SLA?
– Does the provider offer any form of Service Level Agreement (SLA) guarantees?
– What is the process that will be followed to resolve unplanned incidents?
– What are the physical location requirements for each copy?
– Do we have Data Protection Service Level Agreements?
– What Support/applications are included in this SLA?
– What does off-site mean in your organization?
– Are there recognized Infrastructure Services problems?
– How will incidents be documented or logged?
– What quality standards already exist?
– What will it take to make it work?
– Do any copies need to be off-site?
– When will the SLA be reviewed?
– Why collaborative management?
– How do I write an SLA?
– Who prepares the SLA?
– Where is the data?
Business continuity planning Critical Criteria:
Survey Business continuity planning decisions and observe effective Business continuity planning.
– What is the role of digital document management in business continuity planning management?
– What are the record-keeping requirements of Infrastructure Services activities?
– What is business continuity planning and why is it important?
Service portfolio management Critical Criteria:
Collaborate on Service portfolio management governance and find the essential reading for Service portfolio management researchers.
– What new services of functionality will be implemented next with Infrastructure Services ?
– Does Infrastructure Services analysis isolate the fundamental causes of problems?
IT Operations Management Critical Criteria:
Recall IT Operations Management quality and pioneer acquisition of IT Operations Management systems.
– What are the most important capabilities we consider when evaluating asset and Service Management providers?
– Do several people in different organizational units assist with the Infrastructure Services process?
– What knowledge, skills and characteristics mark a good Infrastructure Services project manager?
– Do we have a high level of process automation connecting our asset and Service Management?
– Do you have a single view into it Service Management?
– How can the value of Infrastructure Services be defined?
Enterprise architecture Critical Criteria:
Contribute to Enterprise architecture leadership and question.
– Does Infrastructure Services include applications and information with regulatory compliance significance (or other contractual conditions that must be formally complied with) in a new or unique manner for which no approved security requirements, templates or design models exist?
– With the increasing adoption of cloud computing do you think enterprise architecture as a discipline will become more or less important to us and why?
– Are we making progress? and are we making progress as Infrastructure Services leaders?
– Enterprise architecture planning. how does it align with to the to be architecture?
– How does the standard fit into the Federal Enterprise Architecture (FEA)?
– Are Enterprise JavaBeans still relevant for enterprise architectures?
– Are software assets aligned with the agency enterprise architecture?
– Are software assets aligned with the organizations enterprise architecture?
– Are the levels and focus right for TOGAF enterprise architecture?
– Is There a Role for Patterns in Enterprise Architecture?
– What is the value of mature Enterprise Architecture?
– Why Should we Consider Enterprise Architecture?
– What is an Enterprise Architecture?
– What Is Enterprise Architecture?
– Why Enterprise Architecture?
Enterprise life cycle Critical Criteria:
Explore Enterprise life cycle adoptions and probe the present value of growth of Enterprise life cycle.
Definitive Media Library Critical Criteria:
Depict Definitive Media Library quality and stake your claim.
– Think about the kind of project structure that would be appropriate for your Infrastructure Services project. should it be formal and complex, or can it be less formal and relatively simple?
Risk analysis Critical Criteria:
Steer Risk analysis tactics and reduce Risk analysis costs.
– How do risk analysis and Risk Management inform your organizations decisionmaking processes for long-range system planning, major project description and cost estimation, priority programming, and project development?
– What are our best practices for minimizing Infrastructure Services project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the Infrastructure Services project lifecycle?
– What levels of assurance are needed and how can the risk analysis benefit setting standards and policy functions?
– In which two Service Management processes would you be most likely to use a risk analysis and management method?
– How does the business impact analysis use data from Risk Management and risk analysis?
– How do we do risk analysis of rare, cascading, catastrophic events?
– With risk analysis do we answer the question how big is the risk?
Corrective and preventive action Critical Criteria:
Conceptualize Corrective and preventive action leadership and sort Corrective and preventive action activities.
– Are appropriate corrective and preventive actions taken?
IT service continuity Critical Criteria:
Trace IT service continuity governance and describe the risks of IT service continuity sustainability.
– How do we know that any Infrastructure Services analysis is complete and comprehensive?
– What tools and technologies are needed for a custom Infrastructure Services project?
Configuration item Critical Criteria:
Do a round table on Configuration item risks and shift your focus.
– A Configuration Management database (cmdb) can contain different configuration items (cis). Which items would not normally be regarded as a ci?
– During release, do the configuration items used match with the latest version indicated in baseline record?
– Are there any disadvantages to implementing Infrastructure Services? There might be some that are less obvious?
– Are all requested changes to the configuration items assessed, processed and tracked?
– What are the Key enablers to make this Infrastructure Services move?
– Which of the entities should be configuration items?
– What are configuration items, baselines, etc. ?
– How will configuration items be identified?
– How will configuration items be controlled?
Ishikawa diagram Critical Criteria:
Be responsible for Ishikawa diagram risks and gather Ishikawa diagram models .
– How do we maintain Infrastructure Servicess Integrity?
– Why is Customer Service substandard?
Help desk Critical Criteria:
Chart Help desk failures and know what your objective is.
– The offeror will describe its service levels for fixes, help desk, etc. will it reduce its fees if the service levels are not met?
– Expose its policy engine via web services for use by third-party systems (e.g. provisioning, help desk solutions)?
– Complement identity management and help desk solutions with closedloop import and export?
– What features of the current help desk service management tool are being used?
– How has the current help desk service management tool been customized?
– Do we know the number of password problem help desk calls per month?
– What is the current help desk service management tool and version?
– Help desk password resets easily measured (specific number?
– How will the offeror provide support through the help desk?
– Number of password problem help desk calls per month?
– Who needs to know about Infrastructure Services ?
– How does the help desk authenticate callers?
Project management Critical Criteria:
Test Project management leadership and improve Project management service perception.
– First iteration. The plan for the team is then a list of prioritized features, and who is to perform the tasks of developing the features is decided on during the iteration. What is important in the kick-off meeting to enable feedback and learning?
– The fundamentals of agile software development, agile project management, and evolutionary development have been proven and demonstrated to be highly successful. Are these now preferred in our organization?
– How can a company arrange a new project if the management does not know when they will finish the current projects and when the employees will be free to take on a new project?
– When we say that the traditional project team is not self-organized, no matter how complex the project is, and what level of team we are discussing?
– Can we say that the traditional project team is not self-organized, no matter how complex the project is, and what level of team we are discussing?
– Which existing processes, tools and templates for executing projects can be applied to the agile project management framework?
– Are your current project management and time and expense capture applications outdated and expensive to update and maintain?
– So, if the project no longer needs a detailed master project plan, why does it need a project manager?
– Which individual role is responsible for all aspects of the delivery of the solution?
– Our project management standards do they support or undermine Risk Management?
– Will reporting methods be different for agile versus traditional projects?
– Are the project teams ready to function within agile project management?
– Are there separate sub-systems that have to communicate?
– So, how does the agile project management model work?
– What is the Technical aspect of Project Management?
– What project management associations are you a member of?
– what is causing us to be behind?
– What is the cost of change?
Underpinning contract Critical Criteria:
Detail Underpinning contract governance and handle a jump-start course to Underpinning contract.
– Do we cover the five essential competencies-Communication, Collaboration,Innovation, Adaptability, and Leadership that improve an organizations ability to leverage the new Infrastructure Services in a volatile global economy?
– What is the source of the strategies for Infrastructure Services strengthening and reform?
Service catalog Critical Criteria:
Use past Service catalog management and visualize why should people listen to you regarding Service catalog.
– What other departments, besides it, use service catalog as a means of publishing their services in your organization?
– What other departments, besides IT, use service catalog as a means of publishing their services in your organization?
– Which software allows an administrator to create and publish a service catalogue?
– What services are published in your organizations service catalog?
– What services are published in your organizations service catalog?
– Does your service catalog actually have pricing in it?
– Are we Assessing Infrastructure Services and Risk?
Identity management Critical Criteria:
Reason over Identity management outcomes and suggest using storytelling to create more compelling Identity management projects.
– With so many identity management systems proposed, the big question is which one, if any, will provide the identity solution to become standard across the internet?
– Do we keep track of who the leading providers of identity management products and services are, and what are their key offerings, differentiators and strategies?
– How is the market for identity management evolving in new technologies, market trends and drivers, and user requirements?
– Did we develop our saas identity management solution in house or was it acquired from other vendors?
– What are the identity management facilities of the provider?
– What is a secure identity management infrastructure?
– What is identity management to us (idm)?
– How can identity management help?
– What about identity management?
Economic efficiency Critical Criteria:
Reorganize Economic efficiency leadership and report on developing an effective Economic efficiency strategy.
– Can we add value to the current Infrastructure Services decision-making process (largely qualitative) by incorporating uncertainty modeling (more quantitative)?
– How do we go about Securing Infrastructure Services?
IT service management Critical Criteria:
Adapt IT service management outcomes and cater for concise IT service management education.
– While you can hire consultants to help alleviate the resource crunch for the project, who gets to run them after the consultants leave?
– Can cloud service providers offer the flexibility to provide availability service levels in line with the customers requirements?
– Why do many organizations stumble or fail in their initial attempts at implementing itsm practices?
– Does current usage support ongoing contract negotiations for maintenance and upgrade renewals?
– What are our key differences between ITAM IT asset management and ITSM IT service management?
– What challenges and opportunities does cloud computing present for IT service management ?
– What continuity plans are in place for recovering data, infrastructure and applications?
– Its worth asking the question: why are business sponsors for it projects so important?
– What does each software asset cost now and throughout the upgrade or refresh cycles?
– Is Service Delivery (hardware/software/people) capable of supporting requirements?
– Do changes in business processes fall under the scope of Change Management?
– What should customers be looking for and expect from a good cloud service provider?
– Is there a defined enterprise IT tool strategy and architecture model?
– Is the service provider eligible for certification under the scheme?
– How does this service support business activities?
– What are reasons to say no to cloud computing?
– What software do I have and why do we have it?
– What does a disaster recovery plan look like?
– What is A good cloud service provider?
Change request Critical Criteria:
Track Change request outcomes and modify and define the unique characteristics of interactive Change request projects.
– Does the suggested change request have a significant negative impact on completed project work without a commensurate benefit to the product or project?
– Does the suggested change request support a mandate that was not in place when the projects original scope was complete?
– Will the product of the project fail to satisfy customer requirements if the change request is not executed?
– Will the product of the project fail to satisfy customer requirements if a change request is not executed?
– Can agile methods be used effectively for evolving a system in response to customer change requests?
– Does the suggested change request represent a desired enhancement to the products functionality?
– Does a suggested change request represent a desired enhancement to the products functionality?
– Does the suggested change request seem to represent a necessary enhancement to the product?
– Is the requested change request a result of changes in other project(s)?
– Will the project fail if the change request is not executed?
– Does Infrastructure Services appropriately measure and monitor risk?
– Is impact analysis performed for all change requests?
Central Computer and Telecommunications Agency Critical Criteria:
Confer over Central Computer and Telecommunications Agency engagements and frame using storytelling to create more compelling Central Computer and Telecommunications Agency projects.
– What vendors make products that address the Infrastructure Services needs?
Release management Critical Criteria:
See the value of Release management failures and sort Release management activities.
– What is, really, the difference between development and innovation, i.e. how big or radical do changes have to be to warrant the label innovation ?
– What are the issues that arise when a limited number of vendors participate in a technology market and how can the risks be mitigated ?
– Process support: how can a project better institutionalize workflow support without adding a bureaucratic burden to the developers?
– How do these developers concur over long distances in environments where people rarely if ever meet face to face in a virtual organization?
– What theoretical and methodological tools are available to us as researchers to study such aspects of Release Management?
– How is release management for new application services integrated with your itsm capabilities?
– Does it avoid poorly executed software handoffs between development, testing, and operations?
– Is open source software development faster, better, and cheaper than software engineering?
– What will happen to the software configuration of a customer, when she updates a certain component?
– Is open source software development essentially an agile method?
– What tools and techniques are use to support these activities?
– What are the development, release, and deployment activities?
– Better, and cheaper than software engineering?
– What can a cms do for an open source project?
– Who must complete a release management plan?
– When is a release management plan used?
– Does Agile Release Management Work in Real Life?
– How well are os projects documented?
– When to buy vs. build ?
– All tasks complete?
Software asset management Critical Criteria:
Systematize Software asset management strategies and find out.
– Who are the people involved in developing and implementing Infrastructure Services?
HM Treasury Critical Criteria:
Mine HM Treasury visions and interpret which customers can’t participate in HM Treasury because they lack skills.
– What are our needs in relation to Infrastructure Services skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
Capacity management Critical Criteria:
Think carefully about Capacity management tactics and achieve a single Capacity management view and bringing data together.
– Is maximizing Infrastructure Services protection the same as minimizing Infrastructure Services loss?
– Why is it important to have senior management support for a Infrastructure Services project?
Computer security Critical Criteria:
Administer Computer security tactics and find out.
– Think about the people you identified for your Infrastructure Services project and the project responsibilities you would assign to them. what kind of training do you think they would need to perform these responsibilities effectively?
– Does your company provide end-user training to all employees on Cybersecurity, either as part of general staff training or specifically on the topic of computer security and company policy?
– Will the selection of a particular product limit the future choices of other computer security or operational modifications and improvements?
– Who will be responsible for making the decisions to include or exclude requested changes once Infrastructure Services is underway?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Infrastructure Services Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Infrastructure Services External links:
IT Infrastructure Services | Accenture
Enterprise Infrastructure Services
Deming Cycle External links:
What is the Deming Cycle? – Definition from Techopedia
[PDF]Deming Cycle (PDCA Cycle) – ManagementMania
[PDF]Deming Cycle – websukat.com
Definitive software library External links:
What is a Definitive Software Library? (with pictures)
Using CA SCM as a Definitive Software Library
Definitive Software Library – Dave Hawley
Knowledge management External links:
Knowledge Management System – Login
Lucidea | Knowledge Management Software
A hub for technical knowledge management. — NDCAC
Best practice External links:
[PDF]ALTA BEST PRACTICE POLICIES Our Pledge – Title …
www.titlecorockies.com/PDF/Best Practices Pledge 2014m .pdf
Best Practices – Independence Title
ALTA – Best Practices
IBM Tivoli Unified Process External links:
[PDF]IBM Tivoli Unified Process (ITUP): Connecting the Dots
IBM Tivoli Unified Process: Making ITIL Actionable demo
5698-B26 IBM Tivoli Tape Optimizer on z/OS, V2.2
ITUP – IBM Tivoli Unified Process | AcronymFinder
Demand management External links:
California Efficiency + Demand Management Council
[PPT]DEMAND MANAGEMENT – deu.edu.tr – Kişisel Sayfalar
Demand Management Research Paper Example | Topics …
RPR problem diagnosis External links:
RPR Problem Diagnosis – theinfolist.com
RPR problem diagnosis – Revolvy
topics.revolvy.com/topic/RPR problem diagnosis
Office of Government Commerce External links:
Office of Government Commerce Website | The National …
RACI matrix External links:
[XLS]RACI Matrix: Requirements Phase
Problem Management External links:
ITIL Problem Management | When “Incidents” are Problems
5-Step Problem Management with Kepner-Tregoe
ITIL security management External links:
ITIL security management
The ITIL security management process describes the structured fitting of security in the management organization. ITIL security management is based on the ISO 27001 standard. According to ISO.ORG “ISO/IEC 27001:2005 covers all types of organizations (e.g. commercial enterprises, government agencies, not-for profit organizations).
ITIL Security management | KPI Library
Findings: ITIL Security Management Module Can Add …
ICT infrastructure External links:
UNESCO Office in Bangkok: ICT Infrastructure
What is ICT Infrastructure | IGI Global
Application Management External links:
Application Management – Admissions Home
Access Management External links:
Login – Oracle Access Management 11g
USBank Web Access Management:Authentication Login
UNCG Parking Operations and Campus Access Management
Agile software development External links:
Agile Software Development with Team Foundation …
Performance engineering External links:
KPE Korkar Performance Engineering
Lingenfelter Performance Engineering – Official Site
Business Process Framework External links:
BUSINESS PROCESS FRAMEWORK – Bank of America …
Product Documentation for Business Process Framework
Business Process Framework (eTOM) – TM Forum
Business case External links:
[PDF]Business Case Presentation – Organizational …
Corporate governance of information technology External links:
Corporate governance of information technology – …
[PDF]Corporate governance of information technology
Software metric External links:
software metric and maintainability – YouTube
Tudor IT Process Assessment External links:
Tudor IT Process Assessment – Revolvy
update.revolvy.com/topic/Tudor IT Process Assessment
Tudor IT Process Assessment – revolvy.com
www.revolvy.com/main/index.php?s=Tudor IT Process Assessment
Tudor IT Process Assessment – orgniz.com
www.orgniz.com/topic/Tudor IT Process Assessment&item_type=topic
Cabinet Office External links:
Justice & Public Safety Cabinet Office of Drug Control Policy
Change management External links:
Change management experts -Change Management …
What is change management? – Definition from WhatIs.com
DCCA Change Management
Business Service Management External links:
Business Service Management (BSM)
Login – HP Business Service Management
Six Sigma External links:
Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certification – Acuity Institute
Six Sigma Certification and Training – Lean 6 Sigma
Event Management External links:
Hyatt Event Management System
Whova – Award-winning Event App and Event Management …
Association & Event Management Software | 123Signup
Service Desk External links:
Service Desk Manager – Login
WVU Facilities Service Desk
Welcome to BMC Service Desk Express
Microsoft Operations Framework External links:
Exin MOFF.EN Microsoft Operations Framework …
Microsoft Operations Framework 4.0
Microsoft Operations Framework
Infrastructure Services External links:
IT Infrastructure Services | Accenture
Enterprise Infrastructure Services
ISO/IEC 27001 External links:
ISO/IEC 27001 certification standard
ISO/IEC 27001 Information Security | BSI America
ISO/IEC 27001:2013 is an information security standard that was published on the 25th September 2013. It supersedes ISO/IEC 27001:2005, and is published by the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) and the International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC) under the joint ISO and IEC subcommittee, ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 27.
Point of contact External links:
Site Point of Contact Portal
One Point of Contact | The City of Portland, Oregon
Signature Bank | A Single Point Of Contact
Joint venture External links:
Joint Venture (1977) – IMDb
N.Y. Ins. Law § 6409(d): Title Insurance Joint Venture
Joint Venture – JV – Investopedia
Computer network External links:
What is a Computer Network? Webopedia Definition
Computer network (eBook, 2009) [WorldCat.org]
Service Level Agreement External links:
[PDF]TEMPLATE Service Level Agreement (1)
[PDF]Service Level Agreement (SLA) – XO Communications
www.xo.com/sites/default/files/inline-files/DIA SLA Web.pdf
[PDF]Service Level Agreement (SLA) Frequently Asked …
Business continuity planning External links:
Business Continuity Planning – BCP – Investopedia
Service portfolio management External links:
Service Portfolio Management – Optimizing IT Business …
IT Operations Management External links:
IT Operations Management (ITOM) Solutions – BMC India
IT Operations Management | Cherwell
IT Operations Management 2020: Shift to Succeed – Gartner
Enterprise architecture External links:
Enterprise Architecture Center of Excellence
Enterprise Architecture – CDT Services
Enterprise life cycle External links:
Enterprise Life Cycle Management (ELM) – Bay State
Enterprise Life Cycle | Chron.com
Definitive Media Library External links:
DML abbreviation stands for Definitive Media Library
Definitive Media Library (DML) definitions – Defined Term
Risk analysis External links:
Risk analysis (Book, 1998) [WorldCat.org]
The Fed – Risk Analysis – United States dollar
Risk analysis can be defined in many different ways, and much of the definition depends on how risk analysis relates to other concepts. Risk analysis can …
[DOC]Risk Analysis Template – HUD.gov / U.S. Department …
Corrective and preventive action External links:
Corrective and Preventive Action Plans – Emory University
[PDF]Corrective and Preventive Action – Background & …
Corrective and Preventive Action | ASQ
IT service continuity External links:
[PDF]IT Service Continuity Management Business Impact …
itsm.ucsf.edu/sites/itsm.ucsf.edu/files/ITSM BIA Process v1.2-1.pdf
[PDF]IT Service Continuity Management – IT Service …
[PDF]IT Service Continuity Management June 3
www.itsmf.ca/images/fck/File/Manitoba/Leveraging ITSCM – June 3-08.pdf
Configuration item External links:
Configuration Items | What Is a CMDB? | InformIT
Ishikawa diagram External links:
Fishbone Diagram Template – Ishikawa Diagram – Cause …
Ishikawa Diagram – Investopedia
Help desk External links:
ND University System Help Desk | NDUS CTS
Help Desk – Helpdesk Software Login
Project management External links:
Membership | Project Management Institute
LearnSmart IT & Project Management Online Training …
Underpinning contract External links:
What Is an Underpinning Contract? | eHow
ITIL Definition: Underpinning Contract (v2, v3)
Underpinning Contract [ITIL documentation] – 20000Academy
Service catalog External links:
www.disa.mil › Service Catalog
DISA's service offerings, including rates/pricing information.
Service Catalog – Manhattan College
Service Catalog | IT Services | University of Arkansas
Identity management External links:
Sample Identity Management Job Descriptions | HIMSS
Identity Management | Services
Economic efficiency External links:
[PDF]Title: Economic Efficiency and Sustainability Manager
Economic Efficiency Definition | Investopedia
Economic Efficiency – Investopedia
IT service management External links:
Remedy 9 – IT Service Management Suite – BMC Software
ITIL | IT Service Management | ITSM | AXELOS
IT Service Management | Availability Management | Optanix
Change request External links:
What is change request? – Definition from WhatIs.com
GEICO Homeowner Mortgagee Inquiry and Change Request
Central Computer and Telecommunications Agency External links:
Central Computer and Telecommunications Agency – …
Software asset management External links:
Software Asset Management – Microsoft SAM
UWM Software Asset Management | Software Asset Management
Software Asset Management | ServiceNow
HM Treasury External links:
HM Treasury Financial Sanctions Updates: Democratic …
HM Treasury – Official Site
HM Treasury Group Careers – Jobs
Capacity management External links:
Capacity Management: ITIL process definition – Sub-processes – Terms – Additional information on ITIL Capacity Management.
Capacity management review. (eJournal / eMagazine, …
Capacity management review. (eJournal / eMagazine, …
[PDF]TITLE: CAPACITY MANAGEMENT PLAN …
Computer security External links:
NIST Computer Security Resource Center | CSRC
Naked Security – Computer Security News, Advice and …
[PDF]Computer Security Incident Handling Guide