What is involved in Enterprise Information Management EIM
Find out what the related areas are that Enterprise Information Management EIM connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Enterprise Information Management EIM thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Enterprise Information Management EIM journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Enterprise Information Management EIM leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Enterprise Information Management EIM related domains to cover and 84 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Enterprise Information Management EIM, Enterprise information management, Business intelligence, Business process management, Enterprise content management, Information, Information technology, Knowledge, Master data management, Unstructured information:
Enterprise Information Management EIM Critical Criteria:
Devise Enterprise Information Management EIM risks and shift your focus.
– A compounding model resolution with available relevant data can often provide insight towards a solution methodology; which Enterprise Information Management EIM models, tools and techniques are necessary?
– When a Enterprise Information Management EIM manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
– How can you measure Enterprise Information Management EIM in a systematic way?
Enterprise information management Critical Criteria:
Examine Enterprise information management adoptions and be persistent.
– Does Enterprise Information Management EIM include applications and information with regulatory compliance significance (or other contractual conditions that must be formally complied with) in a new or unique manner for which no approved security requirements, templates or design models exist?
– What may be the consequences for the performance of an organization if all stakeholders are not consulted regarding Enterprise Information Management EIM?
– To what extent does management recognize Enterprise Information Management EIM as a tool to increase the results?
– What is the difference between Enterprise Information Management and Data Warehousing?
Business intelligence Critical Criteria:
Interpolate Business intelligence management and report on developing an effective Business intelligence strategy.
– Research reveals that more than half of business intelligence projects hit a low degree of acceptance or fail. What factors influence the implementation negative or positive?
– When users are more fluid and guest access is a must, can you choose hardware-based licensing that is tailored to your exact configuration needs?
– Can you easily add users and features to quickly scale and customize to your organizations specific needs?
– what is the most effective tool for Statistical Analysis Business Analytics and Business Intelligence?
– What strategies will we pursue to ensure the success of the business intelligence competency center?
– Are business intelligence solutions starting to include social media data and analytics features?
– What are the most common applications of business intelligence BI technology solutions?
– Was your software written by your organization or acquired from a third party?
– What specialized bi knowledge does your business have that can be leveraged?
– what is the difference between Data analytics and Business Analytics If Any?
– What BI functionality do we need, and what are we using today?
– What is your anticipated learning curve for Report Users?
– What business intelligence systems are available?
– What is the future of BI Score cards KPI etc?
– Describe any training materials offered?
– What is your licensing model and prices?
– Is your BI software easy to understand?
– Does your system provide APIs?
Business process management Critical Criteria:
Devise Business process management projects and catalog what business benefits will Business process management goals deliver if achieved.
– Can we add value to the current Enterprise Information Management EIM decision-making process (largely qualitative) by incorporating uncertainty modeling (more quantitative)?
– How will we insure seamless interoperability of Enterprise Information Management EIM moving forward?
– Is Enterprise Information Management EIM Realistic, or are you setting yourself up for failure?
Enterprise content management Critical Criteria:
Facilitate Enterprise content management results and reduce Enterprise content management costs.
– Is the Enterprise Information Management EIM organization completing tasks effectively and efficiently?
– What is the purpose of Enterprise Information Management EIM in relation to the mission?
– How can skill-level changes improve Enterprise Information Management EIM?
Information Critical Criteria:
Study Information quality and correct Information management by competencies.
– Top-down architecture is about determining the right questions to ask e.g. What are the major categories that should drive a taxonomy?
– What is the current menu structure of the IVR and what systems/applications does it need to interface with to retrieve information?
– What might we do to further exploit the information gathered by service management systems to reduce customer defections?
– Do suitable policies for the information security exist for all critical assets of the value added chain (degree of completeness)?
– Which cloud Service Management process maintains information in the Configuration Management database (cmdb)?
– How do I manage information (decision support) and operational (transactional) data?
– Rephrase each goal as a content area (e.g. How do I get to your office?)
– Does senior leadership have access to Cybersecurity risk information?
– How to go from the information structure to the navigation structure?
– How would you use mathematica to study information architecture?
– Should the solution facilitate analysis of related information?
– Is there a business continuity/disaster recovery plan in place?
– Can we implement the navigation system using pull-down menus?
– Has the time for updating the information been scheduled?
– Does your company have an information security officer?
– Should you organize by topic, by task, or by audience?
– Additional compliance information we did not mention?
– How to decide when to give up an unsuccesful search?
– What does integrity ensure in an information system?
Information technology Critical Criteria:
Generalize Information technology management and learn.
– How do your measurements capture actionable Enterprise Information Management EIM information for use in exceeding your customers expectations and securing your customers engagement?
– Which customers cant participate in our Enterprise Information Management EIM domain because they lack skills, wealth, or convenient access to existing solutions?
– Does your company have defined information technology risk performance metrics that are monitored and reported to management on a regular basis?
– Do the response plans address damage assessment, site restoration, payroll, Human Resources, information technology, and administrative support?
– If a survey was done with asking organizations; Is there a line between your information technology department and your information security department?
– Does Enterprise Information Management EIM analysis isolate the fundamental causes of problems?
– How does new information technology come to be applied and diffused among firms?
– The difference between data/information and information technology (it)?
– When do you ask for help from Information Technology (IT)?
Knowledge Critical Criteria:
Analyze Knowledge leadership and perfect Knowledge conflict management.
– What domains of knowledge and types of Cybersecurity-associated skills and abilities are necessary for engineers involved in operating industrial processes to achieve safe and reliable operating goals?
– Has anyone made unauthorized changes or additions to your systems hardware, firmware, or software characteristics without your IT departments knowledge, instruction, or consent?
– What are the objectives of our campaign as they relate to brand awareness, knowledge and interest, favorable attitudes and image, and purchase intentions?
– How do we get started on this major task and what critical knowledge do we need to consider from a People, Process, Product and Partner perspective?
– Is there a Enterprise Information Management EIM Communication plan covering who needs to get what information when?
– What are our needs in relation to Enterprise Information Management EIM skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
– What are you trying to achieve (e.g. specific knowledge, opinion and/or behavior outcome to be achieved)?
– What is the organizations preferred method of training for information governance knowledge and skills?
– What are the best practices in knowledge management for IT Service management ITSM?
– Would you rather sell to knowledgeable and informed customers or to uninformed customers?
– What best practices in knowledge management for Service management do we use?
– What are some common criticisms of Sharepoint as a knowledge sharing tool?
– How would you arrive at the decomposition without such knowledge?
– Does Customer Knowledge Affect How Loyalty Is Formed?
– How is Knowledge Management Measured?
Master data management Critical Criteria:
Add value to Master data management quality and probe the present value of growth of Master data management.
– How do you incorporate cycle time, productivity, cost control, and other efficiency and effectiveness factors into these Enterprise Information Management EIM processes?
– What are some of the master data management architecture patterns?
– Why should we use or invest in a Master Data Management product?
– What are our Enterprise Information Management EIM Processes?
– What Is Master Data Management?
Unstructured information Critical Criteria:
Discourse Unstructured information engagements and stake your claim.
– Is the solution going to generate structured, semistructured, unstructured information for its own use or for use by entities either internal or external to the enterprise?
– Is maximizing Enterprise Information Management EIM protection the same as minimizing Enterprise Information Management EIM loss?
– How can the value of Enterprise Information Management EIM be defined?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Enterprise Information Management EIM Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Enterprise information management External links:
M-Files: Enterprise Information Management (EIM) …
Business intelligence External links:
List of Business Intelligence Skills – The Balance
business intelligence jobs | Dice.com
Business process management External links:
Naviant – Business Process Management
HEFLO BPM | Business Process Management
BP3 | Business Process Management
Enterprise content management External links:
Best Enterprise Content Management (ECM) Software in …
Information External links:
Vehicle Registration and Title Information Home Page
National Motor Vehicle Title Information System
Vehicle & Car Registration & Title Information | DMV.org
Information technology External links:
OHIO: Office of Information Technology |About Email
Box @ IU | University Information Technology Services
SOLAR | Division of Information Technology
Knowledge External links:
Knowledge Exchange Disclaimer
Army Knowledge Online – Official Site
Master data management External links:
Healthcare Master Data Management
Master Data Management/PIM Advisory & Implementation
Best Master Data Management (MDM) Software – G2 Crowd
Unstructured information External links:
MedEx-Unstructured Information Management …